Nines an Injury Fest

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ralphie

Bencher
Premium Member
Go and take a look at the injury list so far from this weekend.

A game that is played at a helter skelter pace when players are largely under done is a recipe for injuries. :mad:

No wonder the top teams have sent teams minus their key players. This is just a completely wrong time of the year to play such a tournament.:huh:

In Fox News they are suggesting that Wolfman may have an ACL injury meaning he could be out for the season. They will do scans tomorrow when he comes back. Is it worth it if we get injuries like this?

LUKE Keary and David Williams are sweating on scans that could end their season, with the pair suspected to have suffered serious injuries at the Auckland Nines today.

South Sydney officials suspect young gun Keary tore a pectoral muscle in their final pool game against Penrith, while Manly have booked Williams for scans in Sydney tomorrow that could confirm a dreaded ACL tear.

Ironically, the charismatic winger sustained the knee injury in the same Saturday match that saw Cowboys fullback Lachlan Coote suffer an ACL tear that will keep him out until the finals.

Keary was visibly upset in the players’ lounge when told of the prognosis, having trained all summer to form a new halves combination with Adam Reynolds.

INJURY TABLE

Lachlan Coote (Cowboys, knee ACL)

Justin O’Neill (Storm, stiffness and swelling)

Dave Taylor (Titans, corked knee)

Joel Romelo (Storm, subluxed finger)

Mitchell Moses (Tigers, shoulder)

David Williams (Manly, knee)

Michael Chee-Kam (Manly, elbow)

Todd Carney (Cronulla, hamstring)

Isaac Liu (Roosters, knee)

Mitchell Pearce (Roosters, corked knee)

Jarrod Mullen (Knights, hamstring)

David Stagg (Broncos, medial ligament)

Luke Keary (Souths, shoulder)

Curtis Sironen (Tigers, toe)

George Jennings (Penrith, arm)

More info here

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/nines-taking-a-toll-as-injuries-mount-up-in-auckland/story-fn2mcuj6-1226828583768

Im sending the love to Wolfie, although he is all too familiar with ACL pain :angel:

All those Manly Fans who blame him for the GF loss :mad:, have succeeded in cursing him :dodgy:

The players bodies are cooling down and heating up multiple times a day. It's a killer. That injury list is just not normal. If we had a toll like that every round of the NRL season we would have no players left for the finals.

This is NOT worth it to promote the game.

Jatz Crackers said:
Chip and Chase said:

If my record with this injury is anything to go by he should be back on the paddock in around 12 minutes.

12 mins? Most blokes with those symptoms have trouble lasting 3 mins, apparently.

I'd love the bragging rights if Manly had won but even winning an entertainment carnival isn't worth losing a key player.
I'm very glad we didn't play most of our strike weapons. Injury to Wolfie sucks. Poor guy. Very unlucky.

While I think the tournament was an outstanding success I feel that clubs next year will send over even weaker squads to try to minimise the possibility of injury to key first graders. It could become more of an Under 21 competition.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Jatz Crackers said:
Chip and Chase said:

If my record with this injury is anything to go by he should be back on the paddock in around 12 minutes.
Lol, that's not even an injury!
A sign of good health. No need for a prescription.;)

I like the concept.

You can say about injuries but this is a contact sport.

I am unhappy to see the loss of Wolfman as well.

But overall I think the positives far outweigh the negatives.

I'd like to see it expanded to include ESL and two other teams over 4 days.

It was good to see Beaver running around and it was even good to see Fitler (even though I hate Easts with a passion) scoring a try.

So much so that I think it should be a rule that every team should field an old guy next year. For example Newcastle could field Johns. We could let Spud have a run. Gold Coast should let Rogers have a run etc etc.

This is the first time in five years that I've actually watched other teams play without them playing against Manly. Usually, if Manly aint there I aint interested but the 9's seemed to be a good watch over the weekend.

And I think that even though we didn't go to the next round the $110,000 prize-money would be nothing to sneeze at as well.

The only thing I would ask the promoters and television is to stop replaying the tries because the game was so fast we missed a lot of live action while watching the replays and then they had to replay the tries we missed. So it became a replay-a-thon at times.

Ralphie said:
The players bodies are cooling down and heating up multiple times a day. It's a killer. That injury list is just not normal. If we had a toll like that every round of the NRL season we would have no players left for the finals.

I think your on the money Ralphie ! Maybe they could change players at half time rather than switching on and off players during the game, it is a killer when the body cools down and then your back out running at full speed again not good for Muscles and Ligaments, maybe this has way has Contributed with the Big Injury Toll.

Ralphie said:

I think your on the money Ralphie ! Maybe they could change players at half time rather than switching on and off players during the game, it is a killer when the body cools down and then your back out running at full speed again not good for Muscles and Ligaments, maybe this way has Contributed with the Big Injury Toll.

For a tournament like this 2 days is probably too short. Especially for teams that reach the finals.

Hope Wolfie is ok, the poor fella needs a change in luck!

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4