Nichos new deal

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Good news on that front and looks like Klemmer & Jackson are signing long term with the Bulldogs.

Looks like the Bulldogs needed to flash the cash to keep the two so again probably part of a bigger plan to get rivals away from the real prize Manly are chasing...who could that be?

Good news on that front and looks like Klemmer & Jackson are signing long term with the Bulldogs.

Looks like the Bulldogs needed to flash the cash to keep the two so again probably part of a bigger plan to get rivals away from the real prize Manly are chasing...who could that be?

Still think the roster we HAVE is a gun roster, and that every penny may be needed to keed it together. Great depth. great forward pack (finally !!), great backline (maybe best in the NRL).

I really think our forwards will stand-up this year, and the surprises will be Symonds, Mateo, Buhrer, Lawrence. The others we already know are blue chip (as are the one's I named - but some are coming back from injury)

Still think the roster we HAVE is a gun roster, and that every penny may be needed to keed it together. Great depth. great forward pack (finally !!), great backline (maybe best in the NRL).

I really think our forwards will stand-up this year, and the surprises will be Symonds, Mateo, Buhrer, Lawrence. The others we already know are blue chip (as are the one's I named - but some are coming back from injury)

I agree mate, very strong squad with some good depth also. I think 2016's squad is settled but the Bulldogs were made to fork out some big $$$ on the players we were after. As usual we were probably used as a bargaining chip in the end lol

I still wonder ifthe reduced interchange will change the game alll that much, or did they not take away enough interchanges.

Can't agree with your assessments of Symonds, Mateo, Buhrer & Lawrence.
I think all 4 will be let go next year. Mateo maybe an exception depending on his season in 2016.
Symonds is becoming soft and provides very little in attack. He is tradesman like, but not good enough for our top 17.
Unfortunately Jamie Buhrer has peaked in my opinion-he is light and has not really stamped any ball playing skills like Gift did. A bit one dimensional for me.
Lawrence is biding time, great warrior in his time with us, but his sun is sinking on a very solid career.
I will miss them all in some way, but my tip is they will all be moved on as surplus.

I think all 4 will be let go next year. Mateo maybe an exception depending on his season in 2016.
Symonds is becoming soft and provides very little in attack. He is tradesman like, but not good enough for our top 17.
Unfortunately Jamie Buhrer has peaked in my opinion-he is light and has not really stamped any ball playing skills like Gift did. A bit one dimensional for me.
Lawrence is biding time, great warrior in his time with us, but his sun is sinking on a very solid career.
I will miss them all in some way, but my tip is they will all be moved on as surplus.
Disagree with your thoughts on buhrer at his age if he stays injury free hasn't reached his peak , every team needs the workhorses 40/50 tackles per game . Not many on these forums seem to mention the importance of defence

Disagree with your thoughts on buhrer at his age if he stays injury free hasn't reached his peak , every team needs the workhorses 40/50 tackles per game . Not many on these forums seem to mention the importance of defence
Great defender, but there are plenty of those around the NRL. Jamie needs to take his game to a new level in the attacking structure. Maybe the new coaching team can facilitate that, and to be honest I hope they do. Not death riding JB, but he needs to change his game a bit or he will be in NSW Cup. His injuries and their toll on his body will not make any off that easy.
Very happy to be proven wrong on this one :inlove::inlove::inlove:

^ Agree. Especially without Matty out there this year. That's 40+ effective tackles that someone has to pick up the slack on. Buhrer or Leary could cover that role.

Great defender, but there are plenty of those around the NRL. Jamie needs to take his game to a new level in the attacking structure. Maybe the new coaching team can facilitate that, and to be honest I hope they do. Not death riding JB, but he needs to change his game a bit or he will be in NSW Cup. His injuries and their toll on his body will not make any off that easy.
Very happy to be proven wrong on this one :inlove::inlove::inlove:
There might be plenty in the NRL but we don't have many at manly.who would you rather have Jaimy or josh jackson and why?

All valid points mate. That said:-

Buhrer is still relatively young. He looked amazing in the nines. Honestly, we looked so controlled while he was in the middle of the field, I find it no surprise that we started losing (especially defensively) when he left the park. Defensively, he is a machine, and he'd be the perfect player to take up Ballins awesome workrate.

Symonds. Boy, people are hard on him. I think he's been one of the best backrowers we have had for ages. Better than Lui, Horo, leary and others, but I have to agree, hos physicality is nowhere near it was when he first started out for us. I hope Barrett re-ignites him, because with our depth and strength, anyone who plays below their best might be playing reserve grade the next week.

Lawrence I think we'll all be pleasantly surprised. People forget it was only a couple of years ago, with a team not as stacked as the one we have now, we finished in the top 4 with Lawrence / Starling as our starting pair.

Mateo - what an enigma. Rocks or diamonds. Some days, he can dominate a whole game, others, he looks disinterested and a player I would call a liability.

Hopefully Barrett brings out the best in these players. Signs are good early. Won more nines games than ever before. Draw against the Sharks, at their home ground, with a pretty solid team, when we had, well....lets just say boys were getting a go to see what they can do type of team.

Man, I am so fricken pumped.

I have to say, Mateo really stood up in the Nines at the back end as we stumbled towards the finish...as pretty much the only big forward left standing (apart from Lawrence, who was clearly pumped but absolutely shagged out), he kept taking on the line even though he was also well overdue for a rest. Pretty good signs there for mine, he was fitter and more keen than last year, trying to impress.

Would be very happy to be proven wrong about T-Red, but he did look very easy to tackle on Sunday, didn't he...although anyone can have an off game.

Maybe T-Rex.................:p

All valid points mate. That said:-

Buhrer is still relatively young. He looked amazing in the nines. Honestly, we looked so controlled while he was in the middle of the field, I find it no surprise that we started losing (especially defensively) when he left the park. Defensively, he is a machine, and he'd be the perfect player to take up Ballins awesome workrate.

Symonds. Boy, people are hard on him. I think he's been one of the best backrowers we have had for ages. Better than Lui, Horo, leary and others, but I have to agree, hos physicality is nowhere near it was when he first started out for us. I hope Barrett re-ignites him, because with our depth and strength, anyone who plays below their best might be playing reserve grade the next week.

Lawrence I think we'll all be pleasantly surprised. People forget it was only a couple of years ago, with a team not as stacked as the one we have now, we finished in the top 4 with Lawrence / Starling as our starting pair.

Mateo - what an enigma. Rocks or diamonds. Some days, he can dominate a whole game, others, he looks disinterested and a player I would call a liability.

Hopefully Barrett brings out the best in these players. Signs are good early. Won more nines games than ever before. Draw against the Sharks, at their home ground, with a pretty solid team, when we had, well....lets just say boys were getting a go to see what they can do type of team.

Man, I am so fricken pumped.
Mickey Mouse 9's is not NRL week to week
Jamie got some room in the 9's-he needs to find his peak...quickly... because Brown is in town. I am not sure there is room for both & whoever has the best form will get the nod.
Hope BJ makes it
T Red made his name at the Roosters as a rangey backrower similar to Beaver (Beaver 100 times better) He is getting slower and I really think if we are fully fit he may see NSW Cup.
I think the big change at this club will be an ending to Des/Tooves pick the same team every week and disregarding form. These guys will have to fight for their positions every week. That is the professionalism I am yearning for from NOW!!!
Can't fit them all in

There might be plenty in the NRL but we don't have many at manly.who would you rather have Jaimy or josh jackson and why?
What is Lewis Brown? He will start the year in Jamie's spot-up to Jamie to take it. No room for both if we are full strength. Blake Leary next choice and even he may edge ahead of Jamie.
Time will tell hey
BTW I don't want any players who don't play for MANLY-so I prefer Jamie of course

T-Red has always appeared to me to be just a tad off being a really good player.

I think that with more meters gained from a stronger front row this year, plus even a 5% slowing of defenses due to the fewer inter-changes, T-Red could prove to be Beaveresqe. with his 2nd phase running against a back peddling defense.

Rocks and Diamonds. Ive called him that plenty but i am going to change my ways. It is almost impossible to be man of the match every weekend. The way he plays somethings will come off and some days they won't. But I must say, the more I think about it, last year was probably Mateo's most consistent year ever. The stupid offload that results in an unforced error, seemed to considerably reduce. Even on bad days his work rate was still up there. He probably needs more credit for his time in Maroon and White compared to his warrior traits.

Last season Buhrer was mostly out injured. The season before he was arguably Manly's best. He is surprisingly evasive for a small forward and wriggles his way up the middle. Write him off at your peril. Don't want too many forwards of his size in your team though.

Symonds is similar to Beaver. The sort of player to take advantage of space, not to create it. Not to do the hard yards. If the props are under-standard like last year for Symonds, or NE days for Beaver, then they'll struggle for top form.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7