Nice article about the Mighty Sea Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
Only just saw it and sorry if it's been posted before - but I just felt like this described our team perfectly. Anything he missed?
http://www.commentaryboxsports.com/australian/nrl/1305-manly-the-true-yardstick-of-the-nrl

Thanks for that article - concise and to the point.

The bit that wasn't covered is the 10+ year Players the NRL won't allow to stay at Brookie :mad:

That was a good read. I really like how it acknowledges our dominance over the last 8 years.

Something the NRL seems to forget.

How true the preview proved to be.
17,000 Manly fans, plus 200 Easts' supporters daring to dream, on a beautiful winter's night at Sydney's best football ground. Here is where the best football is played, and every fan gets to 'smell' the atmosphere, hear the impact of the tackles, and scream themselves hoarse.
Imagine how insipid the atmosphere would be for 17,000 fans had the match been played at the concrete canyon that is ANZ Stadium?
And the best team, from the finest NRL club, prevailed.
Indeed, another memorable night.

Eagles2nv said:
That was a good read. I really like how it acknowledges our dominance over the last 8 years.
Something the NRL seems to forget.
And something Ch Nein, and a lot of the media pretend is just not happening. If they dont acknowledge it - then its not happening, not real.

ABC Radio commentaries are quite refreshingly 'straight' these days, without that endemic Manly Hater : Warren Ryan, and his co-hort David Morrow. These guys went further than just not admitting it was happening, they overtly loathed Manly. I guess that suited a lot of the radio audience.

But when you get right down to it, what is it that invokes the "Manly hatred" ? Is it our 'silvertails' reputation ?
I have another more basic theory: It is just Envy and Jealousy plain and simple. Yes we are a successful club with a winning culture. One that money can't buy. We've had it since the 70s. There's nothing they can do to take it from us.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6