• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Fro link said:
Have been since Mr Cunningham did the business :)
  He ended his career with the Vikes didn't he?  Was well past it by then though.  Same with Warren Moon.

The Vikes probably threw away a Super Bowl or two when they gave Dallas the draft pick that delivered the Troy Aitkman in exchange for Herschelle bloody Walker.

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Fro link=topic=178572.msg204901#msg204901 date=1231228691]
Have been since Mr Cunningham did the business :)
  He ended his career with the Vikes didn't he? 
[/quote]

Ended up back at the Eagles, but didnt do much there after coming back, had a year at each of the cowboys and Ravens after the Vikings but yeah was only making up the numbers by then.

Cunningham was only good for a running game.  Wasn't really a pure passer.  I'd imagine that made him pretty zero dimensional after the age of 30.

I'm happy to admit I only have a passing interest in the NFL, although have watched a lot more this year since I got foxtel. And for the past few years I've 'supported' the Philly Eagles because of their name (it was either the Seahawks or the Eagles....I made my choice), although I do find it funny that their superstar (McNabb) shares some qualities with our superstar (Ox). Universally blasted as someone who doesn't stand up in the big moments, has lead his team to the playoffs the past few years (although also had some pretty fierce injuries as well), fans give him lots of grief (Philly fans seem far more vitriolic than even the most hardened Silvertails posters) when in reality he is probably underrated if anything because he is a great player who wears a sh*tload more criticism than warranted.

Either way, I was pretty excited when they snuck into the playoffs. Thought they'd blown it when they went down to Washington a fortnight ago, but they scraped in and now they've got some pretty good momentum. As long as Westbrook's body holds up, and the injuries to Asante Samuel and Greg Lewis aren't as bad as they appeared during the win over the Vikings....there is no reason why they can't keep winning. We keep hearing that Reid loves a strong passing game, but from watching all year it seems like Philly play their best when they use Westwood effectively.

Disclaimer: I really don't actually know anything about American Football. Please feel free to educate me....

Anyone willing to put their tips in for this weekend.

- Ravens to do the Titans with their defense being the critical factor in an upset.

- Giants to take the Eagles in a close one.

- Panthers to beat the Cardinals, by around 2 TDs.

- Chargers without LT (torn groin muscle) to take the Steelers by a point (probably just wishful thinking!)

Don't do that (agree with him)

he gets upset when people agree with him, he cant argue that way :)

Good to see some NFL fans on the site.

I have to agree with Mata's tips. Home ground is a huge advantage in these playoff games. I'd be surprised to see any upsets this week.

Along with Canteen Worker , I've been a Pittsburgh fan for many years. I enjoy the game and watch or at least tape a game each week. I've been to a couple of games in the U.S in recent years ( Oakland & Tampa Bay ) and went to the game they held at Homebush a few years back.

I'm hopeful that the Steelers can beat San Diego. Pittsburgh had the best defence of all 32 NFL teams for the season & playing at Heinz Field , they should get up.

I'm fairly certain this game is being shown Monday morning @ 8.30am. Hoping Canteen Worker can confirm this for me. I'll be tuned in regardless.

1-0 for me, zero for the rest of you! :)

What the hell happened to the Panthers? I think they were the shortest priced team for this weekend's games and they played like the Eels against Drugcastle in the 01 GF. 27 - 7 at halftime and it was all over. I saw bits of the Cardinal's abilities last week but Carolina completely choked.

The Raven/Titans stats must be so one-sided to the Titans, but it counted for nothing at fulltime.

Foxsports 3 has the Giants/Philie game from 5.00 am to 8.30 am and then it is over to ESPN from 8.30 to 11.30 am for Steelers/Chargers.

Looking forward to tomorrow morning. Go BOLTS!!!!

How did the Titans lose that? Too many penalties, turnovers. Silly stuff.

Most tipsters in this thread are 0/2. Here's hoping everyone tipping the Giants is a good thing for Philly then!

Eagles just get up, leaving most punters 0/3. Interesting that the Eagles have won fairly comfortably despite Westbrook having a terribly quiet game. McNabb was quality, as was the Eagles defence - Samuel is awesome, and Brod Bunkley is epic.

Had to laugh at McNabb grabbing the phone late in the game and being penalised. Lucky it had no impact on the result!

Next week should be a good game. Eagles are playing very well, good defence and picking off a few interceptions. Will be interesting to see how they match up against Warner and Fitzgerald, who were both excellent yesterday.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6