Next weeks team?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Under the Sticks

The spirit of Mooney 🦅
Premium Member
I reckon there maybe some ducks and drakes salary cap games at play with the NRL for a salary cap compensation claim including Froggys absence. Lawton at half just makes no sense.

LittleSnake

Super Sub
This is still deadset worse than the pride jersey saga. But the ins for next game (Rnd 18) are insane. Probably the biggest ever team turn-around ever going from that to this across just one bye:

1. Hopoate
2. Saab
3. Koula
4. Turbo
5. Garrick
6. Brooks
7. DCE
8. Aloiai
9. Simpkin
10. Bullemor
11. Olakau'atu
12. Burbo
13. Jake
14. Lawton
15. Brown
16. Navale (I think he's very good, if he performs well)
17. Waddell
Damn our prop stocks are low... makes you realise how crucial paseka has become.

We really need to unearth a gem in navale or James this week.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
This is probably the likelihood. Given how they looked on Sunday surely they don't play. Also Seibold seems to have a new-found affection for a Des-style late change, with last week's Simpkin, Brown and Lawton switches.

Lawton certainly doesn't have the greatest record in the 7:

Have to wonder who our goalkicker will be, too. Don't think Brooks is one. I'd assume Humphreys would if he comes into the side.
Talau goal kicker

Adz

Reserve Grader
Neither, of course, humphreys shouldn't of been picked over our current halves but why not choose him over Lawton who has never played half? Two years in a row seibold has come out and said humphreys has been a top performer in preseason and would be pushing for a starting role but he hasn't. He was players player last year and still hasn't got any chance to prove his talent in the top level despite him performing each week in reserve cup at half
As others have mentioned,maybe you should wait until game day,Seebs doesn't name a kid straight up to stop media pressure etc...
As to his dummy half play ...He was named ahead of Tong and Lawton in the pre season,however,his form in the trials was very average and it was clear at the start that he had dropped down the order after actual game time.
Arthur as an NRL player was always going to be ahead of him,Wakeham who has NRL experience was also named ahead of him(this was confusing,but think the club was still looking at him as a 9)
I agree that he should have been kept as a half,but maybe the club thought that was his fastest progression to NRL as a 9 and it just hasn't worked out?
I doubt the club could afford to keep him if his current form continues anyway.

LeonardCohen

Bencher
Anything is possible this weekend given the situation.

Re Tolu....I am his biggest fan but got to say been very average of late. Always seems to get the ball with 4 defenders on him so may not be entirely his fault. Not sure the team plays to his strengths in the centre so it was great to see Cherry chip through for him in the first half on the weekend. That play almost came off. Love to see more of that variation of play that gets this kid out in the open more. Playing Tolu in the halves?? Could be a stroke of genius or madness. Fine line there. This could be the game to try something like that.
Yeah I have been underwhelmed by his performances of late. I am not concerned if he is not making line breaks and what not, as that comes down to the opposition as well. What bothered me on the weekend was his defence and a costly dropped ball.

He'll bounce back, he is an absolute gun player.

silvereagle

Reserve Grader
I get the strategy from Seibold to keep Souths guessing. Not sure that would have any bearing on the Souths game plan but who knows. Jamie Humphreys not named in Reserves and not injured so I reckon that's a lock for the young guy to play and show his wares. Huge opportunity for messrs Navale, Condon and James to make a big statement.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Yeah I have been underwhelmed by his performances of late. I am not concerned if he is not making line breaks and what not, as that comes down to the opposition as well. What bothered me on the weekend was his defence and a costly dropped ball.

He'll bounce back, he is an absolute gun player.
I think Tolu is playing with a shoulder injury.

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
Isn't Condon on the way out ? Thought I read no contract for next year somewhere.

LeonardCohen

Bencher
I think Tolu is playing with a shoulder injury.
Yeah I think you're right.

He struggled in contact on a couple of occasions last Sunday. However, the way he pushed up and took Bully's offload in that wonderful movement before Saab's try, was outstanding. He was hanging back and it looked like nothing was on. Then he spotted an opportunity and it was as if he'd been shot out of a canon!

Eagles4Life

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Isn't Condon on the way out ? Thought I read no contract for next year somewhere.
Condon is still contracted with us for next season. I am pretty sure he will be encouraged to look elsewhere though. This week might be his chance to turn that round.

gracejh23

h
As others have mentioned,maybe you should wait until game day,Seebs doesn't name a kid straight up to stop media pressure etc...
As to his dummy half play ...He was named ahead of Tong and Lawton in the pre season,however,his form in the trials was very average and it was clear at the start that he had dropped down the order after actual game time.
Arthur as an NRL player was always going to be ahead of him,Wakeham who has NRL experience was also named ahead of him(this was confusing,but think the club was still looking at him as a 9)
I agree that he should have been kept as a half,but maybe the club thought that was his fastest progression to NRL as a 9 and it just hasn't worked out?
I doubt the club could afford to keep him if his current form we
I doubt the club could afford to keep him if his current form continues anyway.
well I hope he at least gets a chance

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18