Next week v Maggots

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Always the biggest game of the season for me. I can't stand those bastards, i don't have hatred deeper for anything than i do for that club

Hope we flog them and really derail their season

Bennett was on ABC saying that Hodges and Carroll should both be good to play

I would love to beat them up there but in the end it is pretty academic. We are second and after a few weeks up to win will be a big ask.

Stagg won't be there and Hodges and Carrol would have to be doubtful. We may not have Matai but you have to question whether that really is all that much of a loss.

We may not have Matai but you have to question whether that really is all that much of a loss.

Im no DSM5 advocate ( i agree SM is the weak link) but it wasnt long before i was praying for Beaver to come off the bench and move into the centres for the rest of the game.

Whilst I would love nothing better than to beat the Broncs at suncorp, does anyone think that Des could use this game to rest some boys??

A top 2 spot is all but sealed and it would be good to continue the momentum the boys are building but it does seem to me that guys like Watmough and stewy2 could do with a week off.

What do others think??

Whilst I would love nothing better than to beat the Broncs at suncorp, does anyone think that Des could use this game to rest some boys??

A top 2 spot is all but sealed and it would be good to continue the momentum the boys are building but it does seem to me that guys like Watmough and stewy2 could do with a week off.

What do others think??

This is the most difficult question of all..

I just hope today was our off day because i thought we played like sh!t and our minds were elswhere and yet we still won. Our percentages all over the park today were substandard with the rest of the year.

We either do one of two things from here on in. a) aim for minor premiership and match the storms intensity or b) rest both physically and mentally to regroup and gain momentum into the first week of the finals and beyond.

At the moment i am leaning towards option B because on our present trajectory we cannot gain entry and win the GF.

there is no surer way of playing yourself out of a contenders position than to start resting players and possibly losing games.

while i agree with the logic behind it, i think there could be a down side if we start dropping games in the run towards the semis.

there is no surer way of playing yourself out of a contenders position than to start resting players and possibly losing games.

while i agree with the logic behind it, i think there could be a down side if we start dropping games in the run towards the semis.

DSM5...if you were a coach be honest with your self.......todays effort was both an admirable performance and a surefire way of losing a finals series as i have ever seen.

On todays game, with so few weeks to this years finals, and so so few weeks to position ourselves to either challenge Storm or prepare for the rest, our result was very unconvincing.

mayby it may be as simple to giving Choc and G Stewart a bit of a spell on the interchange bench when they normally play 80 mins, give Beaver a full game, he should be up to it by know along with Willow. Let choc and GS play 50 mins

Thanks for the intro Jatz, don't really see why I deserve to be coach but...I don't agree with resting players, but Pepsi might have the idea with Choc and GS. On todays efforts I'd make the team watch the first half where they were ordinary, and then compare the second half when they played very well. The lesson out of the first half was to put the man with the ball down and run forward as they did in the second. Choc does seem to me to be weary, like Hindmarsh, and as a consequence makes the occasional error. Matai cotinues to worry. He didn't support Robbo when he was run over and missed a few of his own tackles. Although Beaver is slow, he's smarter in defense and that was needed. Tahu was unusually quiet today. Grothe's lack of defesnive smarts was clearly shown up today. He's strong but has no idea in defense. All in all a mixed day but Parra have all the work to do to rescue credibility.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4