Next Two Weeks Will Define Our Season

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
The two games against the high flying Dogs and Dragons will define our season, despite the shocking start to the year.

We will need to be competitive and at least win one of these two games to be considered as a chance of defending our premiership. How we shape up and perform will be vital.

We will know a lot more about our season in two weeks.

CW - your dead right.

I will go out on a limb - we will beat the dogs by 20 this weekend, and the Dragqueens by 8 the following weekend.

The steam-roller has begun Manly fans...... Ox, Choco, Gifty, Princess..... all in awesome form now.  ANd the best part of all - a FRESH, and (hopefully) FOCUSSED Brett Stewart ready to rip apart the comp in the weeks leading in to finals.  Just like Lyon last year (Injured mid-season, struggled, and then kicked home strong to get us over the line) - that is what i'm hoping for from Brett.

And while i'm at it - a Manly Dragqueens grand final.  Manly to SMASH them too......

BRING IT ON!

With Idris and Hannant out we really have no excuses not to beat the dogs.  Also des knows the way to put Kimmorley off his game which is run everyone at him for 80 minutes like we did against him at shark park last year.

The dragons will be difficult at Wollongong but after their props pussy efforts in SOO2 I don't fear them as much as our props are definately better than theirs.  Soward can also be put off his game by running forwards at him constantly.

Imagine what people will be saying if we win both these games ! There will be a coupld of very worried coaches out there.

I'm reasonably confident about knocking off the dogs at home. Especially withouth Hannant or Idris.

The dogs have been good no doubt, but i reckon we can get them if we get down and dirty and tough it out

Dragqueens game we're without Origin players yeah? Away from home? That will be extremely difficult. Hopefully besides Weyman, Creagh and Poore, Cooper and Morris somehow get a call-up. Haha imagine the irony if they replace Lyon and Wolf.

I think we can beat the dogs. And as long as we defend well we should do the Dragons

Having looked at all the dogs and dragqueens games this season I am confident we'll beat both.  Kimmorly and Ryan are the keys to the Dogs and we have the guys to hammer both of them.  I was concerned about the Raiders big forwards but we handled them easily so the dogs don't really concern me.  Kimmorly has to be harrassed when thinking of kicking.  He can be put off his game ala Sharks last year.  Similarly the Queens.  Put their halves out of business and they're an ordinary side.  Our forwards stood up last game and I feel very confident that they will maintain that level of intensity through these crucial games.  We have a very well balanced team going forward. 

We are thinking about attack. But the Dragons defense was pretty damn good the other day.

We need to be extra good in attack and defense because the Dragons have a few game breakers as well.

Dogs I think we can do

What is clear is that both of these teams will make you beat them. A half arsed effort will not be enough as they won't gift points away.

Agree with you Dan re Dragons defence - you can't just run through them. We have to put doubt in their minds by executing the backline plays well and Ox's kicking has to be spot on.
The Tigers stretched them on Friday in the first half but Marshall's execution at the crucial moment was off. In the second half they just tried to barge through them and St G/Ill didn't raise a sweat keeping them out.

Despite all the SOO players being out the match at WIN will be big for both NRL and U20s (1 v 2).
Soward, Cooper Morris & Hornby (utility) definitely deserve a SOO start and Kite and Gifty should be dropped. ;)

would be good to see quite a few Dragons players get a call up and for us to be mostly fit.
Watmough would have been good for this game though, shame he wont be there

The game against the Dragon will be a lottery with SOO players missing.  The dogs are beatable especially at home, how this is a Monday night game is beyond me.

Kimmorely's main contribution to the Dogs is his kicking game and the level head he provides to steer them around the park. Most of their attack the last couple of games has come courtesy of Ben Roberts. He is playing career best footy and can't be ignored. It'd be good to knock them off.

Canteen Worker link said:
[quote author=The Gronk link=topic=180912.msg230188#msg230188 date=1246263913]
So this thread is essentially \"most important game of the season\" times 2!!

Thanks captain times 2!!
I was saving that line for later in the week!!! :) :) :)
[/quote]

hey dont let me stop you...its like watching a repeat of seinfeld - just because you know what's coming doesn't mean its not entertaining!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7