Next Step

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

joeboy

Bencher
now that the haze is clearing, it is imperitive the Sea Eagles get on the front foot and control the future.

for the many reasons that have been discussed, our club is looking like a wounded animal with the hyena's and vultures circling.

i think we need to make some contract announcements, get the players we want sured up and make some tough decisions regarding our older players.. im not one to put much stock in players departing headlines, but lets look at what we've got, we put in a big offer for hoppa, so lets use that money to make sure snake finishes at manly. the matai rumours havnt gathered much steam, but i see him as crucial. foran is a tough one, not sure what we can do. Kite should be let go now (it was rumoured) and maybe king after next year, as it also frees up a captaincy route for foz who has said that that is his ambition.

killer and watmough seem safe and DCE i think is a highter priority than foz and i cant see us been able to keep both.

i just want manly to put some positive news out there, and show the other clubs we are stil a powerhouse.

maybe they are waiting to see how tooves fairs in the top job, but the time might not be left if we wait to long.

joeboy said:
now that the haze is clearing, it is imperitive the Sea Eagles get on the front foot and control the future.

for the many reasons that have been discussed, our club is looking like a wounded animal with the hyena's and vultures circling.

i think we need to make some contract announcements, get the players we want sured up and make some tough decisions regarding our older players.. im not one to put much stock in players departing headlines, but lets look at what we've got, we put in a big offer for hoppa, so lets use that money to make sure snake finishes at manly. the matai rumours havnt gathered much steam, but i see him as crucial. foran is a tough one, not sure what we can do. Kite should be let go now (it was rumoured) and maybe king after next year, as it also frees up a captaincy route for foz who has said that that is his ambition.

killer and watmough seem safe and DCE i think is a highter priority than foz and i cant see us been able to keep both.

i just want manly to put some positive news out there, and show the other clubs we are stil a powerhouse.

maybe they are waiting to see how tooves fairs in the top job, but the time might not be left if we wait to long.

Manly has been stung, beware the wounded Sea Eagle!

Behind the scenes my guess is the club is working to sign and retain as many staff and players as possible, as well as plotting the 2012 campaign. Announcements will surely be made when possible.

Canteen Worker said:
Behind the scenes my guess is the club is working to sign and retain as many staff and players as possible, as well as plotting the 2012 campaign. Announcements will surely be made when possible.

It would be great if we could re-signed or extend the majority of players, if not all of them, and dispell the DT's forecast of a mass exodus.

that reason is as good as any swoop. despite these "stories" there is only so much negative press fans, sponsors, players and staff can take before you start reading in to it.

they might be waiting for choc, foz and trex to get back.

i hope they do something soon, or the current press we are getting will hang around for at least another year.

joeboy said:
that reason is as good as any swoop. despite these "stories" there is only so much negative press fans, sponsors, players and staff can take before you start reading in to it.

they might be waiting for choc, foz and trex to get back.

i hope they do something soon, or the current press we are getting will hang around for at least another year.

You are right in saying the clkub is waiting for the other to get back. It makes sense to have all your players together so they can be debriefed on everything that has gone on and start contract negotiations. They will all be back in couple of weeks, then we may start getting some good news.

So another de-stabilising article today re: Stewart Brothers.

Dear Manly Powers that Be,

Please do something positive for your club, Players and fans and put the Kibosh on all these articles by announcing some resignoings or some intent, or something. Keeping the Stewarts should be right up there in priority.

Its getting harder and harder to read this other Junk every day.

Priority 1 is upgrading and extending DCE's contract. #2 is extending the contracts of Brett and Glenn. After that, I think we're fairly safe. If we can't afford to keep Foz then so be it. We move on with a strong lineup and Riccardi stepping into the 6 jersey. As much as I think it could be worthwhile sacrificing King to keep Lussick, King has been a loyal Manly junior and he deserves to leave the club when he is ready. He may not have the talent of blokes like Toovey and Beaver but his loyalty has been equal.

I'm sure our new media manager will be planning an open session when the players return to training, with Tooves leading the troops. Lots of happy smiling faces.
I'd suggest that the club lets us know when this will be so that there are plenty of fans in support. Also, perhaps the players can bring along their wives and children.
The message is: business as usual - we're all one happy family.

Next step is re-signing the Stewies - 3 year deals for both of them. Then get DCE signed, and hopefully Foran will then follow suit.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6