News: Willie Mason all set for Japan rugby move

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
<p class="standfirst"><strong style="display: block">FIRST it was boxing, then NFL, and now Willie Mason wants to quit the NRL to play rugby union in Japan.</strong></p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/3984-willie-mason-all-set-for-japan-rugby-move.html">Read the full article</a>

and there lies the reason why roosters are offering big money, that and also ad the fact shackleton left them means they have a s**load of $$$ to spend.

What position would he play? he is too fat for second row, too slow for the loose 3 and is too tall to play front row.

Willie has been a unique talent. No reason why he cannot prosper as a pro athlete again, but his advisors should find something he has a real passion for, not just the biggest pay packet.

Zep link said:
What position would he play? he is too fat for second row, too slow for the loose 3 and is too tall to play front row.

Was thinking exactly the same thing myself.
Japanese props are all about 5 foot high and weigh 100kgs with legs like tree stumps, Mason would never have the speed to play anywhere but the forwards.

I don't think he will get a deal anyway so the Roosters may be stuck with him.

Japanese Rugby teams are only allowed 2 non Japanese players, and most of them go for skilled halves and the like, they get paid a lot but equally the clubs tend to see them as game winners, which lets face it Mason wouldn't be for at least a year if ever in Union.

He is over-rated, over-paid, over-the-hill and I really, really, really hope the roosters are stuck with him for a couple more years yet.

I think this is hilarious. Send Willie Mason to a culture which is utterly dependent on politeness. It is grossly impolite not to take off your shoes, show the right sort of respect etc whereas Willie thinks it is okay to urinate on the walls inside or carry on like some sort of boofhead.

If he urinates on a wall in Japan they can bottle it and sell it as saki.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8