News: Waerea-Hargreaves is warrior born

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p><span class="story-summary-bold">REMEMBER the name Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, the rookie NRL forward billed as rugby league's next big thing - with a remarkable story to match his unique talent. </span></p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4081-waerea-hargreaves-is-warrior-born.html">Read the full article</a>

He had played one top grade game and I am pretty sure Zorba said the Rorters offered him $180,000 a season. It is obvious that Manly's offer came nowhere near to that and no surprise either. Considering that is what we pay for a winger with years of experience it is hard to blame him for taking the money.

Don't know if it was $180k (it's possibly, but the figure that is stuck in my mind is 150?).

Manly put in a competitive offer but when push came to shove and Jared's manager came to Manly with the Roosters offer...we just couldn't compete.

It's sad. It sucks. He's a young fella, and that's a lot of money. What if he accepts the lesser coin on offer from us, does his knee in round 25 this year and never fully recovers?  I can't begrudge him taking the money, but I would hope that someone down the track he might consider coming back to our club.

He has a huge future though, that's for sure.

Hargraves should try and find any player who has gone to the rorters and actually improved their game.  There haven't been many and none that i can think of recently.

He should also look at their recent history with player retention.  Losing Toupo, Shllington and Shackleton in the past two years. 

They don't call them the transit loungue for no reason.  Hargraves career will go nowehere at the rorters.

gee, his effort today was pretty poor, he is big but very slow, last year and I know this to be true they were worried that Hargreaves lateral and movement was terrible and no where near nrl!!

Against a team with no props you would have thought he would have looked the goods, I worry he is a bit too big for the high speed game that is the nrl!! He may be 2-3 years away from potential, at present, he doesn't look like making our nrl squad

Darren link said:
gee, his effort today was pretty poor, he is big but very slow, last year and I know this to be true they were worried that Hargreaves lateral and movement was terrible and no where near nrl!!

Against a team with no props you would have thought he would have looked the goods, I worry he is a bit too big for the high speed game that is the nrl!! He may be 2-3 years away from potential, at present, he doesn't look like making our nrl squad

Does not look like making our NRL squad?  Last time I looked he was in the top 25 and has played NRL.  We also tried to re-sign him. 

Both Hargreaves and Cuthbo were dissapointing today.  Rose was our best prop by a mile with King second.  

Garts he obviously meant top 17

and the only warrior born i can see is a NZ warrior, today he was poor, like many

Fair enough.  Although he would have probably been playing in the top 17 next year with Hall, Cuthbo and Le'Strange going. 

Garts link said:
Fair enough.  Although he would have probably been playing in the top 17 next year with Hall, Cuthbo and Le'Strange going. 

Be interesting to see how we go in a similar situation next year, we're not looking great for depth......

I did mean 17 for this year, next year would have been interesting.

pack of: bailey, choc, glenn, kitey, perry

bench of: king, rose, rodney, tony williams, foran, hodkinson (hooker)
William Hopoate,

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6