News: The player revolt driving Brad Fittler out

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
<strong style="display: block">IT WAS the flashpoint moment when Brad Fittler lost his cool - and probably his coaching career.</strong> <p>In the wake of the club's 48-6 loss to Penrith last weekend, Fittler walked into a team meeting and exploded over whether players were "bagging" the coaching staff.</p> <p>Roosters captain Braith Anasta, who was filthy at playing fullback in the Panthers match, attempted to respond but was shouted down by Fittler. Players claim Anasta was noticeably upset at Fittler's anger.</p> <p>Fittler stormed out, with players having to run their own training session that afternoon at Moore Park. Players spoke among themselves at training and thought Fittler would quit immediately. He didn't.</p> <p>Fittler later apologised to Anasta, claiming he was "under enormous pressure".</p> <p>There is no doubt about that.</p> <p>Fittler has lost the support of some senior players with concerned club officials expecting him to quit within six weeks.</p> <p><em>The Daily Telegraph</em> understands Roosters management is considering making a three-year offer, worth $1.2 million, to Storm assistant coach Stephen Kearney with Melbourne's second assistant, Michael Maguire, the next choice.</p> <p>Fittler, once the game's most laid-back coach, now has the shortest fuse in the game amid intense pressure over his tenuous coaching future.</p> <p>Aside from Kearney and Maguire, Wigan's Brian Noble and former Manly coach Peter Sharp have also been mooted as possible replacements for Fittler.</p> <p>But Kearney, who has a close relationship with Roosters CEO Steve Noyce and club recruitment manager Peter O'Sullivan, is favourite.</p> <p>One Roosters player yesterday described the club as a "head case".</p> <p>Asked whether Fittler was under pressure, Noyce said: "Everyone is under pressure. We're running 15th. That's not good enough.</p> <div class="btm20"><li><p>Then asked if his club would have a new coach next season, Noyce said: "You're getting ahead of yourself. We have to work hard, work smart and stick together."</p> <p>The coaching issue was not discussed at a club strategic planning day yesterday but the problems are starting to hinder the Roosters' recruitment drive for next season.</p> <p>"I'm not around as much because I am injured but some video sessions have got a little bit heated," Roosters fullback Anthony Minichiello said. "Things aren't going well. Everyone has to vent their frustration to move on."</p> <p>Matthew Johns was brought in for one-on-one guidance with rising halfback Mitchell Pearce earlier this year.</p> <p>But Johns told friends he was not being listened to by Fittler and walked away after round two. Asked whether he expected to lose one of his two assistants to the Roosters, Storm CEO Brian Waldron said: "If a vacancy came up at an NRL club, I would be most surprised if one of our assistants wouldn't get a job given the success we have had."</p> <p>Roosters chairman Nick Politis does not want to sack his long-time friend with club officials privately hoping Fittler will walk away.</p> <p>Club champion Craig Fitzgibbon denied Fittler had lost the support of senior players. "Things aren't working for us at the moment and we have work to do," Fitzgibbon said. "But changing the coach won't help things."</p> <p>Aware the Roosters have signed five-eighth Todd Carney and re-signed Pearce, Anasta's manager, Greg Willett, contacted Politis to discuss whether his client had a future at the club, despite having 2½ years of a current deal to run.</p> <p>"Braith is under pressure as captain but that is only through not winning," Willett said.</p> <p>Anasta and Fittler could not be contacted.</p><p> </p>http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,25549699-5001023,00.html</li></div>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/3939-the-player-revolt-driving-brad-fittler-out.html">Read the full article</a>

The only reason this news has any interest lies with us making his life even more miserable on Saturday night. My crystal ball 'proudly sponsored by Chris Anderson' prediction for Monday week: "Fitler Gone: Short fuse extinguished"

The coaching issue was not discussed at a club strategic planning day yesterday but the problems are starting to hinder the Roosters' recruitment drive for next season.

This could be a good omen for our club JWH may want to sign with Manly that's if he has been talking to the Roosters or any other club for that matter ?

I would find it quite amusing if after the game he gets the sack, de ja vu of Anderson after our what 50 point win? I  have never found Fitler to be a coach he just doesnt seem like the most tactically gifted mind.

This article was before the weekend, and apparently it has all been sorted out between Fittler and the players, Anasta came out in support of him

I have that in the back of my mind as well Nutz

Beetson has also been employed to coach the forwards, he may be old, but I don't doubt he will put some passion into them

This week our guys want a couple of early scores. Just to mess with the roosters minds.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7