News: The manly thing would be for Stewart to stand down

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
<p>IF BRETT STEWART is man enough, he should stand aside from playing in the NRL until the sexual assault allegations against him are resolved. If he is not man enough, NRL chief executive David Gallop must do what Manly are reluctant to - force Stewart on to the sidelines. </p><p>Both Manly and the NRL have indicated they are going to do nothing. If this is so, they are profoundly derelict in their proclaimed stance renouncing violence against women, and again have let down half of the code's supporters. It is not unnoticed that this fence-sitting has happened on International Women's Day. Stewart has several voices - his own, that of his rugby league playing brother, his club, his manager, his supporters, his code - but has chosen to remain silent. The young woman, just 17, has one - her father, who has been gagged by the police. </p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/Sea-Eagles/the-manly-thing-would-be-for-stewart-to-stand-down.html">Read the full article</a>

Fluffy link said:
Trial by media

Sure is. Jacquelin Magnay, who I detest (and for the record, Jacquelin, it's not because you're a woman fighting bravely for acceptance in a man's world, it's because you're crap) is basing her opinion on the assumption that he's guilty. If he's innocent, and he's indicated that he believes he is, why should he stand himself down, especially as - rightly or wrongly - standing down would be seen as an admission of guilt?
An allegation is not a fact. But what if it was an allegation of common assault against a 32 year old man? Should a player stand down then? How about allegations of tax fraud? Where do you draw the line?

He hasn't even been charged yet. How ridiculous.

If you want to win against a good team just set up an allegation against them - then under her rules they'd have to sit out.......

ANTHONY LAFRANCHHI anyone????????

were these calls being made about him when he faced the same.

Magnay should stick within the parameters of facts. Her two choices to justify her point that Stewart should stand down, Tevita Latu and Greg Bird, were both CHARGED with offenses and the evidence was damning and their clubs acted swiftly. This is certainly not the case at this stage. I would have thought that if any other employee in any job was questioned by police without being charged and was forced by their employer to stand down there would be grounds for legal action.

heres an idea
why dont we leave the police out of it and send brett down to news ltd and Smh head quarters and let them hammer him and decide his fate.

****en knobs in the media.

Innocent until proven guilty.
FFS he hasnt even been charged yet.

Like i could alledge DMS5 is a wanker doesnt mean its true, oops poor example :)

Cliffy, there are matters I agreed to with you.  Hold up your side of the bargain and we'll be sweet.  Cross the road again and we won't be.

No charges have been laid yet, as we know, so why stand down??      If charges are laid obviously Manly will stand him down. At this stage it is a circus with no credibility. Give us some proof then start throwing your stones!! If found guilty, don't worry, I will throw with you.

This article reflects very poorly indeed on the journalist, listed as Jacquelin Magnay, and the source, League HQ (assuming this is the original source).  It might be noted that League HQ is apparently too gutless to allow reader comments on this article. Are they cheap shot merchants or what?

If Manly took the action this hack urges, there would rightly be an opportunity for Brett Stewart to sue them.  If Brett Stewart took the action she recommends, then he would be giving credibility to the allegations which are denied. If, say, it was admitted that Snake was seriously drunk and that this broke a contractual requirement, then there could be some basis for some reasonable limited response by the club, if the policy was equally applied to other players in similar situations. Outside of that, calls for action are totally ill-founded.

And if Jacquelin Magnay's desired precedent were followed then opponent team representatives/supporters could make unprovable and untrue allegations against players simply to have them stood down before a crucial match.  

Ridiculous. Ludicrous.  Outrageously, mind-feckingly STUPID!!!

If this reporter genuinely cannot see distinctions between this case and the Bird and similar cases, then we might take great pity on her.

Is Jacquelin Magnay capable of understanding that courts were introduced into civilised societies to reduce the impact of ill-considered, ignorant and  prejudicial thoughts like hers?  Maybe not. Let due process proceed.

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
<p>IF BRETT STEWART is man enough, he should stand aside from playing in the NRL until the sexual assault allegations against him are resolved.

BS.

If he stood down and it the whole matter takes months or maybe the whole season. are you going to refund Stewart the money he hasn't been allowed to earn.

He would look guilty if he stood down and he has the lawful right to be treated as an innocent person.

Absolutely absurd suggestion from Magnay, and entirely expected to be honest. She's arguably the most anti-Manly figure in the media (and she's not along in hating our club), and I was expecting this to come through. It's no surprise that she's stuck the boot in at first opportunity.

The reasons why this article is complete bollocks have already been said. I don't need to go into them. Magnay has been trying to get her final pay cheque from the SMH for more than six months now. But the Herald keep turning her down because (to my knowledge) they can't afford what her payout will be in the current climate. If she keeps poluting the paper with sh*t like this though, I'd be happy to see the Penn and Delmege boys come together on something even THEY would have to agree on - Manly would be better off if she was no longer reporting on rugby league, so maybe they could give the Herald the money to pay Magnay out.

willstyles link said:
Absolutely absurd suggestion from Magnay, and entirely expected to be honest. She's arguably the most anti-Manly figure in the media (and she's not along in hating our club), and I was expecting this to come through. It's no surprise that she's stuck the boot in at first opportunity.

The reasons why this article is complete bollocks have already been said. I don't need to go into them. Magnay has been trying to get her final pay cheque from the SMH for more than six months now. But the Herald keep turning her down because (to my knowledge) they can't afford what her payout will be in the current climate. If she keeps poluting the paper with sh*t like this though, I'd be happy to see the Penn and Delmege boys come together on something even THEY would have to agree on - Manly would be better off if she was no longer reporting on rugby league, so maybe they could give the Herald the money to pay Magnay out.
maybe we could writing to the SMH demanding that ole man hater magnay gets stood down until they make her redunant.

Shes been a trouble maker from way back, does anyone remember the balmain exposde.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4