News: Supreme Court next option for Stewart

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>Suspended Manly star Brett Stewart will this weekend contemplate legal action in the Supreme Court after the NRL rejected his appeal to resume playing. Stewart's lawyers Friday received a written response from NRL boss David Gallop advising them that the full-back's four-week ban would not be overturned.

The development came as Gallop warned clubs to refine punishments for misbehaviour or risk the NRL continuing to enforce suspensions to protect the game's battered image. He admitted the code was "under siege", with sponsors, officials and even the players demanding sterner penalties for player misbehaviour. </p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/Sea-Eagles/supreme-court-next-option-for-stewart.html">Read the full article</a>

OK, sure they can demand stern penalties for misbehaviour.  But Brett's misdemeanor was what?  Being refused service at a hotel and catching a cab home?  Or being the 'face' of league and being off his face?  Hardly a hanging offence.   

Gallop clearly has double standards.

One would think that if there was just another drinking offence let alone two more after Brett Stewart has been stood down for four weeks that Gallop would have ruled them both out for four weeks if not more but NO not you Gallop.

Keep up the good work Gallop you clearly don't give a rats about our game as you continue to show.

Couldn't find a link for this but -

In The Sun-Herald 22Mar09:

"GALLOP'S OLIVE BRANCH TO STEWART STILL SWAYS
Danny Weiler
DAVID GALLOP's tough stance on player behaviour isn't winning him many friends - but he's trying to build bridges with Brett Stewart and his family. The NRL boss is keen to sit down with Stewart and his family - but there's been some talk the Stewarts aren't keen to do that. Naturally they'd be excused if they're angry at the punishment dished out to their son for drinking too much. Eagles insiders say it isn't so much a snub - instead, the time isn't right just yet. A meeting may be set up in coming days if the Stewart family's stance thaws. "I've contacted the Eagles about meeting with Brett but I've been told it may happen in future, not just right now," Gallop said.  Word is that Brett was genuinely honoured to be chosen as the face of the game but it was something he was never comfortable with. And while on Stewart's case, you can't expect Des Hasler to stay quiet on the situation for too much longer as he has some strong opinions on it."

Is Gallop delusional ::)

"I've contacted the Eagles about meeting with Brett but I've been told it may happen in future, not just right now,"
Brett and family are just checking their court commitments and whether there is a single demerit weekend coming up.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6