News: Storm damage shows depth of crisis

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>Let's be honest here. This Melbourne Storm drama is now a major embarrassment to the game.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4856-storm-damage-shows-depth-of-crisis.html">Read the full article</a>

I agree with Gus about the performance of the NRL under Gallop, and their expenditure on their big, new tax on everything, ooops, I mean big, new HQ full of gold taps and quality dining facilities.

But his apologist statements for News Ltd and the actions of the Storm management and players are a joke. He has been banging on since the scandal broke that it is actually the NRLs fault that Melbourne broke the cap and undertook illegal steps to retain players. Please Gus, we live in a society where wrong-doers have everyone else to blame for their actions except themselves. Stop perpetuating this myth. You are looking like a bigger idiot every day you trot this rubbish out.

Having our best team in the competition playing for five months without any chance of competing for points makes us a laughing stock.

I agree. They should be kicked out completely.

Seriously, this comment irks me, what justifies them as 'the best team'?

The talent pool of players they have? The ability to make successive grand finals? The fact they won 2 of these finals?

All of these achievements happened because THEY CHEATED. Plain and simple. There is no question of this. It is not David Gallop or the NRL's fault the Melbourne club cheated.

At the end of the day the club knew what they were doing and they knew there would be a severe penalty/punishment if they were caught. They ignored this fact and carried on anyway. The club deserves what it gets & I think a legal case over this matter is a ridiculous waste of the courts time. When they lose they will look like bigger fools for dragging it on for such a long time. Melbourne should have shut up, accepted punishment and moved on like Canterbury had to.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8