News: Stewart will return in five: Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
<MANLY have moved to try to kill off speculation about whether Brett Stewart will be allowed to resume playing as soon as the four-match ban imposed on him by the NRL is over by stating their determination to use him in round five.

"We have been assured by the league that no matter what happens, it's a one-off punishment, and Brett will be playing in round five," Sea Eagles chief executive Grant Mayer said yesterday. "According to the league, it [the sexual assault charge against Stewart] has nothing to do with the league's punishment.

Read the full article

Why wouldn't he return in 5 ?? He should be playing today. What a complete farce of an article.

basically Gallop is saying that if Brett isn't let off they are going to extend the ban by the looks of it. I dont care what fluff he tries to spindoctor, it's pretty clear he is avoiding definitive answers so he can push more crap on us.

And Prince saying seldom nothing good happens after 2am. Agreed but this was 8pm, hardly a late night!

Gallop just can't keep his story straight:
"Asked yesterday whether Stewart would definitely be allowed to play in round five if Manly wanted to use him, Gallop again spoke of the undertaking from the club, before adding: "I would expect they would talk to us about that [any new information and review], so it's difficult to speculate."
Um, so it IS linked to the other charges as opposed to every legal babble and spin he has put out this week. Otherwise there would be no restrictions on his return.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6