News: Sea Eagles in Twenty20 match fundraiser for floods

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>AN all-stars Twenty20 match featuring the Sea Eagles padding up against the likes of Australian cricket all-rounder Stephen O’Keefe will help raise money for Queensland flood victims at Manly Oval this month.</p>

<a href="http://silvertails.net/news/5327-sea-eagles-in-twenty20-match-fundraiser-for-floods.html">Read the full article</a>

Darren link said:
hope all the players don't head back into the Cross for another night of fun  ;)

I am sure Kite will not be. And I feel we can trust Killer to do the right thing.

this is from the official site:

Flood Relief cricket match
18/01/2011 11:53:43 AM

It has now been confirmed that the Manly Sea Eagles will play the Wests Tigers in a 20/20 cricket match at Manly Oval on Friday, January 28 with all funds raised going to the Queensland Flood Relief appeal.

The Sea Eagles will be captained by Jamie Lyon and the Wests Tigers by Robbie Farrah.

The Sea Eagles have joined with Manly Council, Manly Cricket Club and the Wests Tigers to promote the match which will be held between 4 p.m. and 7 p.m.

Both teams will be boosted by a guest celebrity for the match with the winning team collecting the Mayor’s Trophy.

Manly skipper Jamie Lyon said the team was excited about the upcoming match.

“We want to do something for the flood victims and have some fun at the same time. The Wests tigers are to be congratulated for jumping in as our opponents and they will be a worthy opponent.

“They had our match on the footy field last season first up and we got them at Gosford second time around so maybe we can beat them at cricket.

“All of our squad will be involved in either playing or bucket collecting on the day. We invite supporters from both clubs and the general public to come along and enjoy some enthusiastic competition,” Lyon said.

Both club coaches Des Hasler (Manly) and Tim Sheens (Wests Tigers) were eager to give the challenge the tick of approval.

“The players have all been moved by what has happened to families and want to do something to show their support. This is a way to involve the public and have some fun outside of their chosen sport. I expect it to be played with plenty of rivalry but both teams have a host of characters and allround sportsman that will be keen to show off their skills,” Des Hasler said.

Tim Sheens said there were some “surprisingly good and keen cricketers in his NRL side.”

Entry for the game will be $10 with children admitted free of charge.

---
Definitely gonna try and get there!

This would be a good Fri arvo on the grog,and help the flood victims.Will try and get down for this,although I seem to get a shift every Friday.

Bradza link said:
No doubt Farrah will be diving around in the field to save a few runs............
clap.gif

laugh.gif

Watch out for:
1. matai will be bowling bouncers at the head :D 
2. I wouldn't be expecting Choc to catch a tiny cricket ball !! ;D
3. Wolfman gets injured throwing the ball and misses another season
4. Rose ends up 12th man and runs the BBQ, and eating all the steak sangers  :D

Darren link said:
Watch out for:
1. matai will be bowling bouncers at the head :D 
2. I wouldn't be expecting Choc to catch a tiny cricket ball !! ;D
3. Wolfman gets injured throwing the ball and misses another season
4. Rose ends up 12th man and runs the BBQ, and eating all the steak sangers  :D
5. Matai, after each delivery, goes down holding his neck/shoulder area.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4