News: Say sorry to Stewart, Sea Eagles fans tell Gallop

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan

MANLY Sea Eagles fans will attempt to table a petition in state parliament demanding that NRL boss David Gallop apologise for suspending fullback Brett Stewart in 2009.Stewart was banned from four games after he was accused of sexually assaulting a teenage girl but was later cleared of all charges.In the wake of the verdict, unofficial fan club the Silvertails began collecting signatures on a petition calling for Mr Gallop to apologise to the playmaker.
click to sign the petition http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/doubledemerit

Read the full article

The nrl should definitely apologize, but a petition to parliament on the matter is the dumbest thing I've heard this week. Best to petition the state gov for things they can actually make happen, like stadium funding.

Shoe1 said:
The nrl should definitely apologize, but a petition to parliament on the matter is the dumbest thing I've heard this week. Best to petition the state gov for things they can actually make happen, like stadium funding.

The reason that has been brought up is because of the new laws. It was actually put to us whether we would take it to parliament if we got 10,000 and we said why not.

It is the exact reason that the law is there

Understood, but even if all 7 million people in Nsw sign it, Nsw parliament has no jurisdiction over the nrl and cant force them to say sorry. It's a dud law unless the petition is about a state gov issue.

whilst i agree with you, it is more about the impact and exposure that would have

The real issue of an apology comes down to good morals & human ethics - an unwritten law that unfortunately....some people lack. Truth is the dinasour egg would not only leave some red faced but would be a confession that potentially cost the Seaeagles sponsorships, bad press & so much more. A sorry will never right the wrong ,but would definately give those in high places some credability & for the real victim - Brett - he deserves it.

I don't believe Brett will ever get an apology from the NRL as I believe they would see it as admitting liability and would be hit with compensation claims starting with the 100k they fined Manly. I think they just want this mess to die a natural death and go away without any moe egg on their face. We should focus on supporting Brett and winning a comp. That would be sweet revenge for all.

I've read a few articles which gives the impression moves are a foot to have a face to face between Snake & Gallop. I think thats whats really needed. I think we've shown Brett plenty of support, he knows we've got his back but I think Brett needs to put it behind him (not from a he needs to grow up angle but for his own mental well being pov) and I think a face to face with Gallop is the best thing if both parties go in with the right motives.

I personally don't feel the need to hear a public apology from Gallop. I just need to know that after they've meet that Brett is in happy with the outcome and he's in a better place for it, or as Des has put, had his soul cleansed. If Brett feels he needs something said publically thats his perogative but if he was happy to put it behind him with that acknowledgement than so am I.

Masked Eagle said:
I've read a few articles which gives the impression moves are a foot to have a face to face between Snake & Gallop. I think thats whats really needed. I think we've shown Brett plenty of support, he knows we've got his back but I think Brett needs to put it behind him (not from a he needs to grow up angle but for his own mental well being pov) and I think a face to face with Gallop is the best thing if both parties go in with the right motives.

I personally don't feel the need to hear a public apology from Gallop. I just need to know that after they've meet that Brett is in happy with the outcome and he's in a better place for it, or as Des has put, had his soul cleansed. If Brett feels he needs something said publically thats his perogative but if he was happy to put it behind him with that acknowledgement than so am I.

should have been done within 2weeks after the court case last year..

Masked Eagle said:
I've read a few articles which gives the impression moves are a foot to have a face to face between Snake & Gallop. I think that's whats really needed. I think we've shown Brett plenty of support, he knows we've got his back but I think Brett needs to put it behind him (not from a he needs to grow up angle but for his own mental well being pov) and I think a face to face with Gallop is the best thing if both parties go in with the right motives.

I personally don't feel the need to hear a public apology from Gallop. I just need to know that after they've meet that Brett is in happy with the outcome and he's in a better place for it, or as Des has put, had his soul cleansed. If Brett feels he needs something said publicly that's his prerogative but if he was happy to put it behind him with that acknowledgement than so am I.

You are probably right about the face to face meeting. Gallop might just privately give an apology to Brett during that meeting which would be good for Brett but I would really love to hear him do it publicly though.

Masked Eagle said:
I think a face to face with Gallop is the best thing if both parties go in with the right motives.

Ever tried having a face-to-face with a lawyer in the room?

Is it even possible to get Gallop to take off his lawyer hat? to have a heart? to have the right motives? to admit fallibility or error? to drop his ego? to rectify harm he caused? to empathise with Brett? to consider what's best for Brett? To treat Brett the way he'd like others to treat him?

What's impossible is always impossible ... until it happens.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6