News: Party drug fuelled Maroons

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Zep

Bencher
EXPLOSIVE claims have emerged from the ruins of Queensland's failed bid for a State of Origin clean sweep, with allegations some players were dabbling in a home-made party drug made by mixing a prescription sleeping tablet with the energy drink Red Bull.

As the dust settled on NSW's spiteful 28-16 win at Suncorp Stadium, stories began to emerge about the party-time approach of some players in the build-up to the match. 

Maroons coach Mal Meninga is reportedly furious at the lack of professionalism of some of his charges and will, with team manager Steve Walters, present a full debrief on the series to Queensland Rugby League boss Ross Livermore. 

<a href="http://silvertails.net/news/4118-party-drug-fuelled-maroons.html">Read the full article</a>

Stillnox is a dodgy dodgy medication!

My doctor wont prescribe any to me :(

Fro link said:
get another doctor Dan.

Qld is full of hacks

its hard enough getting in to see a doctor up here with all the oldies!

trust me mate thats not just Qld. thats our wonderfual health system nationwide.

Every second person that sneezes down here automatically thinks they have swine flu and clogs up the system for those that are sick.

I thought the reason many professional sports stars get caught on cocain is that the effect after the event is minimal and i assume this sleeping tablet red bull mix is the same.

NORTH Queensland will head into tonight's clash against Penrith under immense scrutiny after news of a heated argument between coach Neil Henry and captain Johnathan Thurston emerged yesterday.

Henry, who was Maroons assistant coach, took exception to Thurston's preparation for the third Origin game at Suncorp Stadium.

Reports of some Queensland players mixing Red Bull and sleeping pill Stilnox two nights prior to the clash are believed to be connected to Henry's blast, which was delivered when the pair arrived back at Cowboys HQ in Townsville the following day.

Henry took Thurston to task for partying too heavily in the lead-up to the game.

Having completed a draining representative schedule which saw him return to his best form, Thurston felt he deserved to "have a life" during Origin camp. He told Henry as much and the pair traded heated words for some time.

It's believed they made up 24 hours later - just two days before going down against Wests Tigers at Leichhardt Oval.

The blow-up appeared set to remain secret until news of some Queensland players mixing the stimulant drink and insomnia drug to achieve a cocaine-like high emerged yesterday.

It's understood about six Maroons took the cocktail on the Monday night before Origin III, when they broke camp to venture into Surfers Paradise. The QRL is looking into the reports, but is believed to be unhappy that team management allowed the players so many liberties ahead of the final game.

But Queensland prop David Shillington had a simple response to the Stilnox cocktail claims last night, saying: "If that was happening, mate, I wasn't invited."

With the QRL promising to come down hard on anyone found guilty of using the homemade party drug prior to Origin III, Shillington spoke out denying any knowledge of the practice.

"I've never taken Stilnox in my life and I certainly didn't during Origin camp," Shillington said. "So if there were boys doing something, who knows? If that was happening, mate, I certainly wasn't invited. But I can understand why Queensland fans would be filthy to hear something like that.

"I can also see why the boys would be upset when stuff like that comes out without any facts.

"Yeah, we've all been tarred with the same brush. But right now it's all just a bit of speculation. It's gossip, rumour . . . what can you say about it?

"I learned a long time ago that you can't get offended by rumours and similar stuff that other people say. And as of right now I haven't been named anyway so I don't have to defend myself. I don't care."

Darren Lockyer also denied any knowledge of the practice.

When asked if he was aware of the party drug in camp, Lockyer said: "No. Our preparation was hampered by injury and sickness. NSW had to deal with the same thing."

He said he was happy with the commitment for the third game, adding he didn't think the allegations tainted the entire side or detracted from their record-making efforts.

Pushed on whether he had ever heard of the potentially fatal combination, the Brisbane Broncos No. 6 added: "I've seen sleeping tablets being used occasionally when players are struggling to get a good night's sleep, just like anybody else."

Queensland great Gorden Tallis slammed the claims in his weekly column in The Courier-Mail, describing them as "rumours being passed off as fact".

"If I was still an Origin player I would be furious," he wrote.

"I would be furious that my good name had been smeared by allegations of drug use.

"It seems to matter little these days whether stories can be backed by hard evidence."

He said if the reports were true, "then have the guts to name them (the players) and shame them".

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/johnathan-thurston-neil-henry-in-blazing-row/story-e6frexnr-1225754514018

who can believe lockyer?  apparently he doesn't tackle bar managers. Yet theres the footage. Be interesting if they get any security cams from some of the pubs they visited.

On a side note. Surfers is D E A D at the moment and especially on a monday night. I wonder where they went.

I read where this noxing causes sleepwalking and hallucinations, if it has been a staple in Origin camps I wonder if it could cause somebody to crap in a hallway for instance?

its the worst kept secret in SE Qld one high profile persons liking for Nose Candy.

Utility Player link said:
I read where this noxing causes sleepwalking and hallucinations, if it has been a staple in Origin camps I wonder if it could cause somebody to crap in a hallway for instance?

tis not the "noxing" that does that, its taking it as a sleeping pill that has the side effects.

noxing is mixing it with red bull to stay awake.

Fro link said:
[quote author=Utility Player link=topic=181150.msg234065#msg234065 date=1248858547]

tis not the "noxing" that does that, its taking it as a sleeping pill that has the side effects.

noxing is mixing it with red bull to stay awake.
[/quote]

Still would not be surprised to hear that the sleeping pill was involved.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4