news overnight

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Bradza link said:
Kieran looked great besides Luke. Came across as thoughtful and well spoken  . . .
Yes and he cleverly achieved that by simply keeping his mouth shut. Classy player, hope we re-sign him.

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
[quote author=Bradza link=topic=183207.msg261839#msg261839 date=1273211352]
Kieran looked great besides Luke. Came across as thoughtful and well spoken  . . .
Yes and he cleverly achieved that by simply keeping his mouth shut. Classy player, hope we re-sign him.
[/quote]  What?  CEO Perfect hasn't stitched him up yet?

Kiwi Eagle link said:
You're persistent mata, even dogs get sick of the same bone after a while

I agree with Mata on this. Don't bother announcing they are done deals if you can't get their signature on the line. I'm hoping it is all finalised but not having the sigs is a worry.

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
A contract can be made verbally. Maybe what you meant was, neither contract has been announced yet?

That is what used to be believed, but the Steve Turner turn around proved otherwise. He agreed to full terms with the Titans but then backed out when the Storm made him another offer.

ManlyBacker link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=183207.msg261857#msg261857 date=1273225501]
You're persistent mata, even dogs get sick of the same bone after a while

I agree with Mata on this. Don't bother announcing they are done deals if you can't get their signature on the line. I'm hoping it is all finalised but not having the sigs is a worry.
[/quote]

We don't know what stages the deals are at MB, for all we know they may well be signed. When it fitted in with last years Mayer is god agenda, I read that delaying the timing of an announcement on signings to the best time to get maximum publicity was fair enough.

Maybe they are signed, and announcing the re signings of 3-4 internationals while all this Storm drama is happening wouldn't be the right time to do it. For now, I am quite happy with Foran openly saying he will be with Manly in the years ahead

ERNIE FOR NO7 link said:
[quote author=SeaEagleRock8 link=topic=183207.msg261382#msg261382 date=1272797407]
A contract can be made verbally. Maybe what you meant was, neither contract has been announced yet?

That is what used to be believed, but the Steve Turner turn around proved otherwise. He agreed to full terms with the Titans but then backed out when the Storm made him another offer.
[/quote]
I doubt that had anything to do with it being verbal, written, or otherwise. I'd say they just accepted there is not much point forcing a player to play if he does not want to be there. Similar to Luke Lewis when he signed for some other club then got cold feet. The only thing wrong with a verbal contract is it might be harder to prove if someone lies about it!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8