News: Orford deal to cost Manly new star

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
reyam link said:
Why is this a suprise i told you weeks ago he had signed with the roosters.I blame fools like hasler crusher and mayer,how they went out and blew so much money on players like williams and bailey without securing a player like jared is a disgrace and is why we are going down as quickly as we rose.

Thiose fools did win us a premiership last year.

Perhaps they don't see hargraves as being a star player on the future?  Groome?

Still I have had enough of Orford and want to now see the next generation half in FG.

eagle_predator link said:
I really hope there's a chance that JWH will stay at the Eagles, but no matter which way you look at it this is bad news.

The fact is the club has Foran, Daly Cherry-Evans & Hodkinson on it's books so why offer Orford more big $$ if it means we could lose some of these guys as a result. Sorry but Ox needs to go.

Exactly or at least offer him a contract with less money to keep some or all of those guys plus JWH (who is an essential signing in my opinion). As KaZa said in his post after yours, Orford is already declining in form. In my opinion he has been for a number of years. He only looked good last year because he had Lyon along side him at 5/8th who took a lot of pressure off of him.

tookey link said:
[quote author=reyam link=topic=180623.msg226282#msg226282 date=1244261231]
Why is this a suprise i told you weeks ago he had signed with the roosters.I blame fools like hasler crusher and mayer,how they went out and blew so much money on players like williams and bailey without securing a player like jared is a disgrace and is why we are going down as quickly as we rose.

Thiose fools did win us a premiership last year.

Perhaps they don't see hargraves as being a star player on the future?  Groome?

Still I have had enough of Orford and want to now see the next generation half in FG.
[/quote]
I thought KWH looked very promising but if the Roosters are throwing a lot of money at him I may have to reassess my opinion.

Great, so he's signed with the Roosters and we still haven't signed Orford. And now his manager is off in England chasing a deal for him. We might not have been able to get him a first grade spot but I don't understand why he'd want to sign for the Roosters in the state they're in. I wouldn't be surprised if Fittler is already gone and Kearney is taking over next year.

KaZa link said:
Dear god.

1. God is a benevolent being.
2. Orford has stubby little legs that cost a fortune.
3. Signing Orford has cost us our best junior.
4. Ipso facto there is no God.

You'd better win us tonight's game you dwarf.  Just who are on our 'retention committee?

LOL, all this talk is hilarious for me

So it is only Orfords fault JWH is leaving ? Are all the other blokes in the squad playing for the love of the game and no money ? Why not blame Lyon's high salary, or Bretts, or Glenns, or Choc's ...

The last time I remember people carrying on about losing a bloke like this, it was Aaron Groome, he has fired plenty of shots hasn't he ?

Would have prefered to have kept JWH, don't get me wrong, but we still have Williams, Hopoate and possibly Foran who have all been tearing up the TC. You can't keep them all.

I am a bit like you m_s

JWH has shown some good signs each time I have seen him, but has never 100% convinced me, but I haven't seen him a lot either

The reason I would lean to your way of thinking mainly is that good forwards roll off the production line and can be groomed frequently, halves of Foran's talent are not as easily found

Kiwi Eagle link said:

So it is only Orfords fault JWH is leaving ? Are all the other blokes in the squad playing for the love of the game and no money ? Why not blame Lyon's high salary, or Bretts, or Glenns, or Choc's ...

The last time I remember people carrying on about losing a bloke like this, it was Aaron Groome, he has fired plenty of shots hasn't he ?

Would have prefered to have kept JWH, don't get me wrong, but we still have Williams, Hopoate and possibly Foran who have all been tearing up the TC. You can't keep them all.

That's true KE you can't keep them all mate but Orford could ? take a pay cut if he wanted to could he not ??

Kiwi Eagle link said:

kiwi your an idiot
you cannot let the facts get in the way of a good orford bash

ffs you should no that mate ;)

eagle_predator link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=180623.msg226309#msg226309 date=1244269677]

That's true KE you can't keep them all mate but Orford could ? take a pay cut if he wanted to could he not ??
[/quote]

He could take a paycut, and he may do that, none of us are privy to any players actual money

But why single out Orford when there are 24 other blokes in the squad collecting money is my main point

Kiwi Eagle link said:
[quote author=eagle_predator link=topic=180623.msg226312#msg226312 date=1244270393]

[/quote]

He could take a paycut, and he may do that, none of us are privy to any players actual money

But why single out Orford when there are 24 other blokes in the squad collecting money is my main point
[/quote]

Which is a fair point - I don't like orford as a player but you can't blame the guy for getting as much out of one of his last deals that he can, you can however blame the club if they pay more than he's worth and lose talent because of it.

Kiwi Eagle link said:
[quote author=eagle_predator link=topic=180623.msg226312#msg226312 date=1244270393]

[/quote]

[/quote]

KE cause he gets paid 500k a season to steer the ship around so to speak and he is not worth that kinda money imo.

Des should make sure that Hargraves doesn't play first grade again this year. 

With Cuthbo back next week and farrer to play full back this means that Williams will probably also be competing for a spot in the forwards. 

Simply no room for Hargraves now. 

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7