News: One step at a time for halves partnership

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<div class="content-item" />
<p>ONE of the greatest pivots in the game believes rookie Manly halves Trent Hodkinson and Kieran Foran can blossom into a fine partnership for the Sea Eagles, if they remain patient.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4704-one-step-at-a-time-for-halves-partnership.html">Read the full article</a>

The best part about it is we are still winning games. I know its all done and dusted, but really we should be 4-0 not 2-2.

With a very young and inexperienced halves pairing thats a great start.

Imagine these boys in 2 years time with all those games under their belts and they are in their very early twenties!! We have to allow mistakes and wrong ecisions to happen, hey, even the best did it, Orfords last play vs Souths where he chucked 9 dummies and thew it over Tony and clanged someone sitting behind the fence  ;D :D ::)

It's funny how no one ever mentions the play two tackles before that where Hall absolutely butchered a try down the short side when we had an overlap.
Gotta stop thinking about that ugly 2009 season.............

So far they are both doing exceptionally well.

4 penalties conceded and 5 errors for BOTH of them so far this season. They are doing a lot of things right, with minimal mistakes.

Darren link said:
Imagine these boys in 2 years time with all those games under their belts and they are in their very early twenties!! We have to allow mistakes and wrong ecisions to happen, hey, even the best did it, Orfords last play vs Souths where he chucked 9 dummies and thew it over Tony and clanged someone sitting behind the fence  ;D :D ::)

That's what I'm thinking. We could have another premiership heading to the club by 2012

Brad, I was saying that even the best get it wrong. I won't forget Orford's 2008 season that culminated in that 40-0 win which I was there (and loved every minute) I won't forget the realisation when I think Beaver scored and we were 20 or 22? when I have gone it's really ours!! It was a lovely last 25 minutes sitting there. With Hoppa, Whare, Foran, Hokko, Lussick, Tasi, Higgins around Choc, Kite, Rose, Glenn and Brett, lyon we could have a great few years coming up!!

It was the Kite try in the 57th when I knew we were home for sure Darrnen, took us to 24-0. Was a great night at the stadium, will never forget it

Maori TV over here replayed the game last monday night, couldn't help flicking over at the vital times

Kiwi Eagle link said:
It was the Kite try in the 57th when I knew we were home for sure Darrnen, took us to 24-0.
Same for me KE. Dominated them but only a slender half time lead. Then the points kept adding up and the Storm were making no headway. Kitey went in and I just knew straight away and deep in my heart that the Premiership was heading to the Northern Beaches.

Our group too, we started celebrating then as we knew we had won.

We were up by the point a minute score and beyond 2 quick tries.

[quote author=clontaago link=topic=182956.msg258484#msg258484 date=1270766745]
The best part about it is we are still winning games. I know its all done and dusted, but really we should be 4-0 not 2-2.

With a very young and inexperienced halves pairing thats a great start.
[/quote

We should be leading the comp with melbs loss in GC.

However we are not up to the standard the Dragons or the Storm.

So the early losses could be a blessing as team can learn from them, we have so much improvement in us

I'd settle for a top 6 finish, but Top 4 is a possbility. As long as we are sticking to our motto of being "under the radar" the future is looking bright.

eagles2win link said:
[quote author=Darren link=topic=182956.msg258496#msg258496 date=1270777413]

That's what I'm thinking. We could have another premiership heading to the club by 2012
[/quote]
That would be nice. I am hoping for a championship in 2010, anything is possible.

On the other hand, the comp is quite hard to win. We tend to win every decade or so, and don't forget some of the tremendous teams we have had that did not win the comp, eg early 80s, '95, '97 . . .

The other thing is that often young players come in and make a splash but they do not always continue in that vein, it is one thing to shine on debut but another to continue to do well for a whole season, or into the second season. There are many examples of young halves bursting into top grade who 'could be anything' but then they are found out in one way or another. I think this is why we are still at long odds, there is no substitute for experience and proven consistent ability in key positions.

We are looking good but I think under the radar is still where we belong. (Didn't stop me putting a small wager on at very juicy odds to win, and a bigger one to make the GF!)

its still a possibility to make the GF, but have to finish top 4. As saints will bow out as usual. plus we are one of the only teams that can give it to melb.

Every week they get better. They also seemed to be settled enough already to swap roles on some plays.

Really looks good for the next few years.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6