News: NRL poised to strip Melbourne Storm of points over salary cap breaches

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
<p>PREMIERS Melbourne Storm are braced to lose NRL premiership points as a result of salary cap violations.

<a href="http://silvertails.net/news/4725-nrl-poised-to-strip-melbourne-storm-of-points-over-salary-cap-breaches-.html">Read the full article</a>

Cameron Smith should get a 3 year ban from the game for bad commentating, much worse to the image of the game than any off field indiscretion by players :p

So let me get this straight. The NRL, who are part owned by News Limited, will fine the Melbourne Storm, who are owned by News Limited, a figure up to $1 million. So basically some News Ltd accountant will do a general ledger entry to account for the shiffling of funds and it's  business as usual. What a joke. The real punishment should be premiership points and lots of them, they are serial offenders after all.  

until it becomes X number of points per Y dollars over the cap teams will be treated differently.

Will be interesting to see how much better they come out compared to other teams

Fluffy link said:
until it becomes X number of points per Y dollars over the cap teams will be treated differently.

Will be interesting to see how much better they come out compared to other teams

My take on it exactly.

the cheating dogs will find some skirt to hide under, I will be surprised if the penalty is anything  big

If they were to loose 8 points, it still doesn't justify betting on them getting the spoon, they would easily be in front of Sharks in 2 weeks.

The real reason is that after last monday nights media conference the NRL conducted secret gender testing on Cameron Smith and discovered that he is really a girl who should be wearing a big girls blouse instead of playing league.

As NRL rules prohibit a girl from playing NRL the storm have been immediately docked of all competition points and premiership trophies and their players will be required to attend Alan Jones' spa for remedial homework.

Apparently there will be a press conference at 6, all sorts of rumours flying around, the best being that they will lose 44 points !!

That would be awesome, imagine watching Bellamy with that haha

Given the Dogs lost all points way back when, they surely couldn't do anything other than belt the storm.  Excellent news.  Pity I'm not a betting man and had the house on us a month ago. 

44 points would be horrible for them. What would be the point in them turning up and playing and their fans going.

Sure if they have cheated the cap they need to be punished but not to the greater detriment of the game.

44 points would mean that possibly they could be trying to claw those points back long into next season!

Melbourne are gooooonskies, just announce on 9 news. Storm stripped of the 2007 and 2009 premiership and have lost all points accrued for 2010 and will not receive any other points for the remainder of the season.

kingyfan link said:
The real reason is that after last monday nights media conference the NRL conducted secret gender testing on Cameron Smith and discovered that he is really a girl who should be wearing a big girls blouse instead of playing league.

As NRL rules prohibit a girl from playing NRL the storm have been immediately docked of all competition points and premiership trophies and their players will be required to attend Alan Jones' spa for remedial homework.

Kingyfan the dead give away was that he was caught out.

He sits to piss

Pity we don't get credit for 2007 but at least they don't get to keep the prizemoney or have it in the record books.

I suppose if you play them and get beaten for the rest of the season niether team gets the points, which would be the fairest way.

All this and we still beat them 40-0, ha ha ha ha ha
I can't wait to see Bellamy's face, I'm sure that arrogant sneer he always carries wil be GOOONNNNE. Eat balls Storm.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7