News: Now David Gallop's 'all over the shop'

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p><span class="story-summary-bold">YESTERDAY, David Gallop ridiculed the Sydney Roosters for being "all over the shop" in relation to their alcohol policy. But if Gallop went late-night shopping at David Jones this evening, there's no guessing which department you'd find him in. </span></p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4043-now-david-gallops-all-over-the-shop.html">Read the full article</a>

Gallop has just got to go, plain and simple. He has become an embarrassment and he is just letting the good ship NRL drift rudderless.

Phil Rothfield has got a blog about the inconsistency of the NRL. At least you can have your say there.

Phil Rothfield
Wednesday, July 01, 2009 at 11:00pm 

Has Cronulla done the right thing in sacking Brett Seymour? Has the NRL done the right thing in allowing Roosters star Jake Friend to play this weekend? Was it fair that Brett Stewart was suspended for four weeks before he had his day in court?

Executive sports editor Phil Rothfield will be online from 1pm today to discuss the inconsistencies in punishment handed out to NRL players.

Buzz says the game needs some strong guidelines to deal with off-field issues.

http://blogs.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/buzzwords/index.php/dailytelegraph/comments/inconsistency_is_killing_the_nrl/

Very disappointed in Gallop. He was a bad appointment in the first place and his general leadership in a competitive sports market has been underwhelming!!!!

swoop link said:
http://blogs.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/buzzwords/index.php/dailytelegraph/comments/inconsistency_is_killing_the_nrl/

As far as I can see, nobody has left any comments yet.

He's such a tool.  Rushing in to say that Seymour may not be registered to play again this year for an alcohol related matter then falling all over hmself to say the NRL would register Taquiri who's been punted by the ARU for an alcohol related issue.  There's just no consistency to him.  As a lawyer you'd think the guy would know when to yap and when to keep his mouth closed, but no.  The game does not deserve his small town lawyer head running it.  Please Gallop, just go off to the AIS or somewhere other than where you are now.

I've been working with 5-year-olds today so let's just say that David Gallop is a "Poo-Poo, Bum-Bum, Wee-Wee-Head," who hasn't got a clue. The 5 year-olds could run the NRL better.

niccipops link said:
I've been working with 5-year-olds today so let's just say that David Gallop is a \"Poo-Poo, Bum-Bum, Wee-Wee-Head,\" who hasn't got a clue. The 5 year-olds could run the NRL better.

Are you Michael Jackson?  He liked to work with 5 year olds.

kingyfan link said:
[quote author=niccipops link=topic=180929.msg230556#msg230556 date=1246513350]
I've been working with 5-year-olds today so let's just say that David Gallop is a \"Poo-Poo, Bum-Bum, Wee-Wee-Head,\" who hasn't got a clue. The 5 year-olds could run the NRL better.

Are you Michael Jackson?  He liked to work with 5 year olds.
[/quote] I'm caucasian, but I think my skin is darker than Jackson's, though I can moonwalk if I've had enough wine. Also, I don't think what Michael Jackson is said to have done with 5 year-olds is considered "work".

Here we go again. 'Mr Inconsistency' has charged in making the waters so murky that all there is mud. Someone, somewhere please sack him.

Gallop's inconsistency ruffles Roosters

NRL boss David Gallop last night conceded he could have handled Jake Friend's first indiscretion differently - hinting that the Roosters rake was unlucky to be forcibly stood down in March.

Gallop personally intervened to axe Friend for two matches earlier this season after the rookie was apprehended for high-range drink driving and fined $10,000 by his club.

Three months later Friend again finds himself in hot water after being charged with assault over a late-night brawl last weekend that left a woman with facial bruising.

On this occasion, however, Gallop has deferred to the Roosters' handling of the matter as Friend and fellow 19-year-old Sandor Earl - who has also been charged over the same incident - plead their innocence. His varying responses have provoked anger from club officials, particularly those who stood misbehaving players down convinced that Gallop would continue to enforce NRL-sanctioned bans if they didn't toe the tough new line.

But The Daily Telegraph can now reveal that Gallop first expressed misgivings about his decision to suspend Friend just a fortnight after the hooker was outed.

Addressing a meeting of the Player Agents Association on 5 April at the SFS, the league boss was grilled by 20 managers about his hardline stance.

"David admitted that if he had his time over again with Jake, he might have done things differently," one player agent, who did not want to be identified, said.

Just over three weeks later, the contentious issue of Friend's sacking was again raised. The forum on this occasion was the quarterly CEO's meeting at CUA Stadium, Penrith, on 28 April.

Player discipline was the hot agenda item of the day - and while addressing it, Gallop again admitted to second thoughts.

"He said he might have over-reacted on Jake Friend," said one club CEO, who also refused to be identified.

When The Daily Telegraph approached Roosters CEO Steve Noyce for comment about Gallop's remarks, Noyce declined to reveal what was said: "What is spoken about in a CEOs' meeting stays in the meeting - as far as I'm concerned," he said.

But Gallop last night said "hindsight" had told him Friend's first brush with the law could have been treated differently.

"I think I've accepted that in hindsight these are difficult things to handle," he said. "I certainly accept the argument that it could have been dealt with another way.

"I can see that argument, but the game was in a difficult position at the time as well, given the focus that was on player behaviour.

"These things always have to be taken in their context. I would never put forward the idea there can be a black and white rule."

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/sport/nrl/story/0,26799,25720498-5006066,00.html

I have sung gallops praises in the past and no one can deny he did do good things in the past. Over the past few seasons his leadership is non existant. The simple fact is he is stale and should be replaced.

Gallop is a gutless wonder and a hypicritical prick who hasn't got the guts to upset Nick Politis.

Fulton link said:
I have sung gallops praises in the past and no one can deny he did do good things in the past. Over the past few seasons his leadership is non existant. The simple fact is he is stale and should be replaced.

Gallop has never ever done a good job and I can deny it.

He has no regard or respect for the fans and does all he can to pander with the media. Night time Grand Final, need I say more?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4