News: Negotiations stalemate is a thorn for Manly's Rose

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Sounds to me like the club agree with you Jatz. The sticking point seems to be the length of the contract rather than the amount of money.

You can't blame the player for looking for that extra year but I think a compromise could surely be reached. Maybe 2 years with an option.

I know George signed his last contract for a little bit less than he could have gotten as a way of thanking the club for sticking by him when he broke his leg so there is obviously a lot of good feeling between the parties so its nothing I dont' think that can't be negotiated.

We looked after him when other clubs would have chucked him back to Bourke. Two years with an option for another. That sounds very fair and reasonable. He'd be 31 by then and we could assist on a year or two in ESL.

Would he get a big AND long contract with any club in the No Real Leadership?If he's not happy with Manly's terms,and no-one else will ante up big $$$ and long terms,he can go capt/coach Bathurst pamffas in group 10.

i just hope they can sort it and he stays

I love the bloke hes just as much a cult figure as the wolfman.

And he has found some great form in the last month and half

A cult figure for sure, but that won't get you far these days. Only a backup prop for us at best. Dropping a few kilos wouldn't hurt either, looks unprofessional every time he struggles to his feet with jersey up and guts hanging out everywhere.

He deserves a new deal more than Kite, is younger and would be alot cheaper also. 2 years with an option for a 3rd would be more than reasonable. Props for 2012 - King, Rose, Robinson, Mauro, Cunningham...with mayeb some $$$$ in the bank for another cheap back up.

At only 28, a 3 year deal shouldn't be that bad for the big fella. I would like to see him stick around and I hope the club offers it to him.

Manly are aware that there is speculation that the number of interchanges will be reduced in the next season or two. Any such action will reduce the value of impact players like George

He's attitude and professionalism leave a bit to be desired for mine. He's overweight and unfit and struggles to play for extended periods. Monday night was the case in point.. they were down a few players due to injury and he needed to play longer stints.

I think a 2 year offer is the clubs way of saying "get your act together".

The shame of it is.... he's got plenty of talent. He's got great footwork for a guy his size and he hits it up strongly. If only he realised how much better he'd be a few kgs lighter and fitter...

Anyway.... I'd like to see him re-sign but if he doesn't, they have plenty of young blokes coming thru that would get a opportunity.

some harsh comments here

whats being overweight/unfi/unprofessional got to do with it. Props are meant to be 110+Kegs. If he loses weight i dont think he will be as effective.

He is a first grader, hard to handle for defences and a valuable asset to the team.

Agree that 3 years is too long, Manly should offer him 2 years with an option or if he wants 3 years, give it to him at a reduced rate.

Brookvale said:
some harsh comments here

whats being overweight/unfi/unprofessional got to do with it. Props are meant to be 110+Kegs. If he loses weight i dont think he will be as effective.

He is a first grader, hard to handle for defences and a valuable asset to the team.

Agree that 3 years is too long, Manly should offer him 2 years with an option or if he wants 3 years, give it to him at a reduced rate.

I'd go the opposite. Back end the deal with the option in the Sea Eagles favour, that should keep him motivated which is all you really need from him. He's a very difficult person for opposition teams to handle when he's at his best.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8