NEWS: Murrihy reviews rival sports to update Manly's integrity protocols

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Ray Murrihy casts eye on rival sports to safeguard Manly's integrity protocols

July 20 2016 - 4:02PM
Adrian Proszenko

Former Racing NSW chief steward Ray Murrihy is studying the integrity protocols of leading Australian sporting bodies to ensure Manly is provided with the most stringent measures to safeguard the club against corruption.

The Sea Eagles engaged Murrihy, who retired from racing after serving as a steward for 46 years, to review their integrity procedures after the club became embroiled in match-fixing allegations. Police are investigating at least two NRL matches they suspect were fixed and, while they have not named the Sea Eagles, it's understood they were the common denominator in both games.

I don't know if I am concerned or proud of our clubs diligence here. Im sure there is reasons and our major sponsor pulling the pin claiming it is a response to media of match fixing at our club is as good as any. But there just seems something fundamentally wrong with Employing an expert to ensure your clubs processes comply with integrity best practice. Prior to an investigation into match fixing involving players at your club being handed down.

Is the club just being diligent. Or is it putting the cart before the horse?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2