News: Matai banned for seven matches

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
His heart is in the right place, he just needs to be taimed, hes timing is terrible. Keep the agression ! But learn to channel it, he would be regarded as the best centre in RL if he could channel his agression into 10 big hit ups, or an awesome offload, rather than a pathetic numb nutted dog shot ! I love steve but christ he pisses me off sometimes ! time to grow up and play footy, not WWE

Copa Eagle link said:
His heart is in the right place, he just needs to be taimed, hes timing is terrible. Keep the agression ! But learn to channel it, he would be regarded as the best centre in RL if he could channel his agression into 10 big hit ups, or an awesome offload, rather than a pathetic numb nutted dog shot ! I love steve but christ he pisses me off sometimes ! time to grow up and play footy, not WWE

A few years ago I remember a similar hit on a certain fullback in a GF. Don't remember the punishment, but you can bet it wasn't 7 weeks.

ManlyBacker link said:
Hasler feels the volatile Matai is paying an unfair price for previous indiscretions but concedes the Kiwi Test centre  and not the system needs to change.

\"Steve Matai in some circles has been vilified. Unfortunately Steve is a victim of the process,\" Hasler declared on Tuesday.

\"At that stage (of the Ennis hit) he was trying to lift his team-mates and it was a tackle that went a bit wrong.\"

Dessie understands, calling Matai dumb is pathetic, if he had timed it better you all would have cheered yet another Matai hit.

With all Matai has done in putting his body on the line for Manly, his dodgy shoulder just didnt co-ordinate with his intent of a great hit. Im amazed that it is still basically attached with tape prior to each Game.

Even in 2008 GF, the very first tackle was a Matai shoulder charge - it TOTALLY set the tone for the game.

Passion is his fuel and the severity of the suspension is a Joke!

I love Matai and wish him a full recovery.

Rusty link said:
[quote author=Copa Eagle link=topic=185165.msg292188#msg292188 date=1283923623]

A few years ago I remember a similar hit on a certain fullback in a GF. Don't remember the punishment, but you can bet it wasn't 7 weeks.
[/quote]

That was zero weeks and an aussie jersey

Took my young bloke down from Hervey Bay to see the match.Steve Matai was the bloke he wanted to see.When Matai walked into the club he ran straight up and got an autograph.Then he lined up and got another autograph and a photo with Matai.He was wrapped.I'm sure the last thing he felt like after the match was meeting the public, but he made my young blokes trip! (the kid also won a watch at the ground). 

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6