News: Manly thrash Knights

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
<p>Manly have converted a commanding halftime lead into victory for the first time this NRL season, smashing Newcastle 36-12 at Gosford’s Bluetongue Stadium on Saturday night.</p>
<p>The Sea Eagles led by 16 points at the break against both the Wests Tigers in round one and Parramatta in round two, before collapsing to be run down at the death.</p>
<p />

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4675-manly-thrash-knights.html">Read the full article</a>

I woudln't have called it a thrashing.  Competent?  yes,  but the opposition was not good. 

I didn't see the game and that i had that feeling of not taping the game would bring a victory...and we won!

Saw some highlights briefly, looked like T Rex did some good stuff (twice at least?)... how did he go?  Is he more suited to that side of the field?  Wonder what would happen when Wolfman comes back.

Is Cross is trouble?  Ballin an 80min player for sure?  i'm excited!

In any case, very glad we finally got some points.  And without checking anywhere else, i saw Thyssen Krupp Elevators (spelling?) on the sponsors thing during the press conference.  New sponsors?

eggson link said:
I didn't see the game and that i had that feeling of not taping the game would bring a victory...and we won!

Saw some highlights briefly, looked like T Rex did some good stuff (twice at least?)... how did he go?  Is he more suited to that side of the field?  Wonder what would happen when Wolfman comes back.

Is Cross is trouble?  Ballin an 80min player for sure?  i'm excited!

In any case, very glad we finally got some points.  And without checking anywhere else, i saw Thyssen Krupp Elevators (spelling?) on the sponsors thing during the press conference.  New sponsors?

The T-rex hunters will have very little to criticize this week, apart from his dropped ball of course.
Nice cross field kick, great fend,nice one handed pass, using the maori sidestep like a champion.
Big T could be in for a big year if he keeps this up.

T-Rex had a great game,i really do feel hes getting there,remember it even took Lyon a while to settle and start playing well at first,T rex will only get better,as long as he isnt at centre he will be awesome i reckon,he looks very powerful when he runs the ball ,runs hard and with his size looks hard to tackle,good to see him getting better, i really think he will come good.

What's that meant to mean Vidmar?  We all rejoice in a win, but against that opposition, it wasn't really a 'thrashing'.. Put on 50 or 60 and I'd call that a thrashing.  I thought we went away in the second half, from the first half tactic of attacking down the fringes where there were huge holes.  It will be a test for Big Tony next week against Vatavai.  Two man-mountains.    Where to put D Williams?  Can he catch?  Perry went reasonable last night, just reasonable.  Two years for that effort.  I'd like to know who let those two soft tries in. 

Rodney & Ballin were the ones who let the first try in, haven't seen it in tv yet but it looked far too simple at the time.

Watched it blow by blow with my brother and I'm sure Dad was watching in the hospital. The half time score was eerily familiar and had us scared.
Full time gave us sweet relief.
2 years ago we lost the first two then won the comp. Still plenty of work to do but maybe we're back on track.

I wish we were back on track nicci. Good news that your Dad was able to enjoy the win.

I thought our first try was forward, we got penalties that let us off the hook, we made plenty of the usual sins from laying in tackles and play the ball laziness- BUT it was a good win.

The quality of the Knights game was pretty poor so I am not getting excited yet. Farrar had an off night and I could see another team on their game easily taking that game away from us. Only Rd 3 and plenty more to come but I would rate that as just a solid effort.

DSM5 link said:
I woudln't have called it a thrashing.  Competent?  yes,  but the opposition was not good.  

* SPOILER ALERT (if you are watching this afternoons game on 9) *

Manly may not have thrashed the Knights but the Bulldogs have certainly thrashed the Roosters 60 - 14 and the Broncos have been given a beating by the Warriors in Brisbane 48 - 16.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7