News: Manly strangle Dragons

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
<p>A Tony Williams hat-trick helped Manly to a magnificent 24-6 victory over NRL leaders St George Illawarra at Brookvale Oval on Saturday night.</p>
<p />

<a href="http://silvertails.net/news/4743-manly-strangle-dragons.html">Read the full article</a>

Following the 2008 grand final that was the best performance I've seen from the Eagles since I started following them in 2003.

Farrar is looking sensational at fullback. His offload for the 2nd try was miraculous. Hodkinson's pass for the the first try was also really special. I was stoked that we pulled a 10-0 lead with some fantastic plays.

The Dragons didn't even deserve a point, what was with their try?

Despite struggling in attack, the Dragons and can think themselves hard done by with two tries controversially chalked off by the officials.

The first incident saw Morris dive full length to latch onto a loose ball, however Shayne Hayne ruled the ball was dead without consulting the video referee.

Ten minutes from time Michael Lett looked to have scored again but Soward's pass was wrongly deemed to be forward.

Both correct decisions by the referees in my book.  The writer of the article, Ian Mccullough AAP (not Andrew as listed at the top of this article), must be an alias for Laurie Daley (who kept his biased commentating up all through the game coverage and kept going on about them both being tries in his book). The first of the Dragons dis-allowed tries was grounded on the line and the second was clearly about a metre and a half forward.

I was watching a stream of the game that seemed to come from fox's live coverage but minus the ads. so at half time there was this long shot of daley and the other commentator sitting waiting for their cue to do the halftime summary stuff. they are clowning around with each other. what a goose daley is!

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6