News: Manly stars might miss out on Test

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>Test prop Brent Kite expects Manly's poor start to the 2009 NRL season to be reflected in the Australian side to be named on Sunday. The Sea Eagles had four players in last year's World Cup final team while prop Josh Perry was also a member of the extended squad.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/Sea-Eagles/manly-stars-might-miss-out-on-test.html">Read the full article</a>

I guess it depends which way they go being a "random" game.
I would expect Kite to at least make the bench, but that could be it.

There's plenty of front rowers going better.  Choc just might get in, but that's about all.

It's a nightmare weekend?  Why on earth have city vs country on the same night as the Test?  Insanity.

Nine wants two Friday night games. It also means disruption on one night rather than two. In the end it is a joke but the way News runs league, that is no surprise.

From the Australian:

DOES a team 12th on the NRL table deserve five players in the Australian team to be named on Sunday?

That will be a question most fans would ask the four Kangaroos selectors and coach Tim Sheens if the five Sea Eagles concerned - Brent Kite, Josh Perry, Anthony Watmough, Glenn Stewart and David Williams get the nod.

Their incumbency will be a big factor because Sheens has made it clear he is a conservative when it comes to national selections. He is on record as saying he doubts eight rounds is enough time for last year's Kangaroos to play themselves out of form. "And Australia was the best team of the World Cup despite the final result," Sheens said on ABC Grandstand last weekend.

Prop forward Kite, who has the "Mr Honesty" tag in the NRL, said that he and the other Australian players in the Manly side had other things on their minds this week - turning around a 2-5 win-loss this season.

"To be honest, given our start to the season, we've got bigger fish to fry than those personal achievements," Kite said.

So do you expect five Sea Eagles to be on the list on Sunday?

"I don't know - maybe not."

Manly coach Des Hasler privately might prefer to have all his Kangaroos players on deck next week. After taking on Melbourne tonight at Brookvale Oval, Hasler has to prepare for Brisbane a week later at Suncorp Stadium - less than 48 hours after Australia plays New Zealand in the Anzac Test.

If five players were named on Sunday, Hasler would not have them at any training session leading up to the Broncos.

So how many does he think will get the nod on Sunday?

"I don't know," Hasler said. "We've got seven players in the (NSW Origin) orientation squad so that's a question you'd have to ask  the selectors."

I like the way they are querying if Manly deserves representation this season.

In years gone by they picked a million roosters, dogs and Knights when they were legless.

Fro link said:
I like the way they are querying if Manly deserves representation this season.

In years gone by they picked a million roosters, dogs and Knights when they were legless.

Yeah but we are Manly and no one likes us and we don't care.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6