News: Manly star accused of slapping sponsor

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
<div id="post_message_5452935">JUST days after his man-of-the-match performance in Manly's World Club Challenge triumph over Leeds, the rugby league player Anthony Watmough's playing future is in doubt after he allegedly assaulted a sponsor at the club's season launch.
Police are investigating Watmough for allegedly slapping a 48-year-old man in the face about 5pm yesterday after an argument.</div><div id="post_message_5452935">
The season launch started at 1pm at the Wharf Hotel in Manly, organised by the club as a public relations exercise with its sponsors.
It is understood the injured man was a club sponsor and was taken to hospital for treatment.
The incident followed a range of disciplinary actions taken against 25-year-old Watmough for alleged assault.</div><div id="post_message_5452935">
In 2007, Watmough had an apprehended violence order placed on him after allegedly assaulting a former girlfriend, though no charges were laid by police. In 2005, he was fined $3000 after a fight with her cousin at a family gathering.
A police spokeswoman said the incident was being investigated, but no charges had been laid. "Police have spoken to a number of witnesses and are currently reviewing CCTV footage of the incident," she said.
The <em>Herald</em> was unable to contact club officials or Watmough's manager, George Mimis, last night.

<a href="http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news/watmough-slaps-sponsor/2009/03/07/1235842667742.html" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news...842667742.html</a></div>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/Newsflash/manly-star-accused-of-slapping-sponsor.html">Read the full article</a>

I'm just SURE the sponsor wasn't blind drunk, and I'm just SURE they weren't saying inappropriate things deserving of a clip over the ears.

That's all I'll say about that.

I wonder if alcohol was a factor with both parties involved?  It must have been one hell of a slap to require hospital treatment. 

The latest regarding this in an article on Brett Stewart's alleged assault, as follows. Looks like it might be sorted.

"Another incident from the season launch in which second-rower Anthony Watmough punched a sponsor has been settled after a meeting this morning between the parties involved.

The club has already advised the NRL that two matters were investigated by police in regard to events which were unconnected. It has further advised that one matter has been resolved and no further action will be taken. "

No wheel, it's rugby league. And don't we all love the game.  Allegations ONLY, remember that. 

Chip & Chase link said:
The latest regarding this in an article on Brett Stewart's alleged assault, as follows. Looks like it might be sorted.

\"Another incident from the season launch in which second-rower Anthony Watmough punched a sponsor has been settled after a meeting this morning between the parties involved.

The club has already advised the NRL that two matters were investigated by police in regard to events which were unconnected. It has further advised that one matter has been resolved and no further action will be taken. \"

One matter has been sorted. And it appears to be wartmough. I WISH it was stewart though TBH.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4