News: Manly stand by Matai

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>MANLY officials are standing by Steve Matai and do not want him to change his aggressive style, despite the Kiwis Test centre facing a ban of up to nine matches for his fifth judiciary charge in two years.</p>

<a href="http://silvertails.net/news/5128-manly-stand-by-matai.html">Read the full article</a>

what a load of rubbish for the masses.after forking out 300k des will be in his face about toned down aggression.next head shot is a season off and super league.

matai is a topliner with a great competitive attitude.IMO he will listen and we will see a slightly milder version next year.

Matai is at the same crossroads now as MG was back in the early 90's. Their natural playing style is aggressive.Hard to change or water down. But now he run's the risk of being rubbed out of the game through his actions and bad rep??What to do??

VERY hard for a Leopard to change his spots, I love Shoulders and his work, but I really fear for his longevity in the game.

I'm sure Manly would have been smart enough to add a deduction of monies if suspended clause into his new contract

The funny thing is I don't think a lot of the things he does are worth the punishment and crap he gets

Good on the management to stand by him.  He's been head and shoulders our best this year and deserves to be supported. 

dan

i agree in most cases re steve but that shot on Ennis was simply cheap and ridiculous and given it was round 26 -crazy!!

Yeah i have to say it was a brain explosion. I don't think he intentionally tried to decapitate Ennis, just wanted to put on a big shot to get the boys reved up. Works a treat when it comes off, but in situations like this can backfire badly.

I love his attitude, but unfortunately this type of thing will happen.

Dan link said:
The funny thing is I don't think a lot of the things he does are worth the punishment and crap he gets
Exactly, if he played for the titan, scum, roosters, tigers etc he would almost be classed as a cleanskin.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6