News: Manly’s Thorn in the Side

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Rex

Bencher
The Manly club is well within its rights to complain about the treatment  its star player Brett Stewart (and the club itself) received from the  NRL after their controversial 2009 season launch.

Following the  Todd Carney and Benji Marshall incidents of the past week or so, Des  Hasler lashed out in frustration and made comment about the lack of  consistency the NRL has shown when dealing with off field incidents.

Read the full article

Yes I'd agree a good article, I just wonder however how the whole thing is affecting Brett, has anyone on here talked to him in recent times and if so how was his demeanor?

Absolutely agree Bones.  Got straight to the core of the issues.  Full marks to League Unlimited and the author.

Meanwhile someone should ask Gallop if he has ever had an alcoholic drink at an official function.  If he says yes, then he should immediately suspend himself for each function for 4 weeks for being intoxicated (a single drink "intoxicates").

If he argues he wasn't heavily intoxicated then bingo - that's what happened with Brett.

Gallop's already brought the game into disrepute because of his non-action and inconstency. He's created the media circus. He should suspend himself for 4 weeks and fine himself a 100k.

swoop link said:
Gallop's already brought the game into disrepute because of his non-action and inconstency. He's created the media circus. He should suspend himself for 4 weeks and fine himself a 100k.

That $100k can then be forwarded to Manly as a credit on the fine. Sounds good.

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Yes I'd agree a good article, I just wonder however how the whole thing is affecting Brett, has anyone on here talked to him in recent times and if so how was his demeanor?

Mark, we were chatting to him at the factory outlet yesterday and he seemed ok. He was joking around with the other players and seemed his usual happy self. He admitted he is very nervous about the game on Saturday after what has happened the last two years with his knees, which is understandable. I didn't think it was appropriate for me to ask how he felt about the Gallop situation, so I didn't.

Thanks mate, you'd expect him to be nervous and yes correct of you NOT to mention that.

Just imagine if you will the cheer he'll get from us on Saturday night when he runs out. Almost worth the cost of being there just for that isn't it??

Just imagine if you will the cheer he'll get from us on Saturday night when he runs out. Almost worth the cost of being there just for that isn't it??

Goosebumps thinking about it.

Thanks mate, you'd expect him to be nervous and yes correct of you NOT to mention that.

I would love to be there but unfortunately I can't.

Mark, instead of just a cheer make sure the MWTS Crowd give him a standing ovation when he takes the feild and when he comes off.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4