News: Lyon in line to lead Blues

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>TWO years ago he turned down a NSW jumper, now Jamie Lyon is a shock candidate to captain the Blues.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4660-lyon-in-line-to-lead-blues.html">Read the full article</a>

He has been playing well this season, but because of early season form of the roosters this is how i predict it will go.

1. Carney
2. Carney
3. Anasta
4. Carney
5. Carney
6. Anasta
7. Pierce
8. Anasta
9. Pierce
10. Anasta
11. Anasta
12. Carney
13. Anasta

Nate link said:
He has been playing well this season, but because of early season form of the roosters this is how i predict it will go.

1. Carney
2. Carney
3. Anasta
4. Carney
5. Carney
6. Anasta
7. Pierce
8. Anasta
9. Pierce
10. Anasta
11. Anasta
12. Carney
13. Anasta

No I think that the team will be

1. Carney
2. Carney
3. Anasta
4. Carney
5. Carney
6. Anasta
7. Pierce
8. Anasta
9. Pierce
10. Hindmarsh (c)
11. Anasta
12. Carney
13. Anasta

As ususal the "league freak" on DT is spot on
this one RE: Gallen captaining NSW...

League Freak of Sydney Posted at 12:31 AM Today

Are they insane? What is this vital need within the NSWRL to feel like they can only give the captaincy to a player they feel will be around for a long time? I watch Cronulla games and I have to say, Gallen doesn't stand out as a leader at all! Thats not even taking into account his on AND off field problems! Look, just pick the best team available, and when you have the side together, pick the best player to lead the side. If it ends up being Robbie Farah, Michael Ennis, Jarryd Hayne....who ever, and they only play one game in the series...thats fine. Pick the best players and the best captain among them. Stop trying to forecast the future!

I haven't enjoyed a State of Origin series for a long time.
Not just because i'm a NSW supporter and we haven't won a series in 4 years, but because the wrong players are being selected year after year.
The current NSW selectors are hopeless. They pick a young half and advertise that they are looking to the future, the kids don't perform and they revert back to experience.
It a f*cking joke, the fact that Kurt Gidley was captain last year says it all really.
Pick a team on form for once and if you pick a young fella, perservere with them.

I can see it now Anasta will be captain,
Pearce and Carney will be in the team.
Another QLD win.

I don't mind Carney in the Team at #14.

Would like to see a strong 5/8th which is good that Bird is back. Killer and Jennings in the Centres. Morris brothers on the wing. Hayne at fullback.

Backrow of Choc, Gift and Lafranchi.
Hooker - Ennis.
Halfback - this is the hardest one, NSW has been in need of one since Andrew Johns departed. i guess it would have to be Pierce or Finch.

Qld Backline imo:
1. Slater
2. Tuqiri
3. Hodges
4. Inglis
5. Falou
6. Lockyer
7. Thurston

WHO would ever thought that the weak link a backline would ever carry the name Darren Lockyer.

Your NSW team looks ok, though Mullen might push Pearce out. It is a long way out for such forecasts, too long imo. Also for Qld Hodges is no chance, he has a long term injury I think.

Maybe Tonga in for Hodges since he covered it last year, or put Lote/Folau in the centres and bring in Darius Boyd.

In the meantime NSW chop and change every game...kills me. 

Hodges won't be back from his achilles injury before Origin. Folau into centre and Boyd on wing perhaps. Don't forget Adam Mogg might be back in the mix too ! ** hopes so for NSW sake **

As far as NSW side goes. I'm not sure that Lyon will even get picked, let alone being Captain. There is no way known on this earth that Braith Anasta can be selected, not unless there are a thousand injuries. If he makes the team I will cheer for Queensland. Halves have been our weakpoint for too long now. I have no problem with seeing Bird and Carney named in the halves, presuming they both continue to show some semblance of form. Not a fan of Mitchell Pierce. I just don't want to see Barrett, Kimmorely or Finch's names anywhere near a Blue jumper. Time to move forward.

C & C, Bird will have to show more than he has in the last two games.  He's been pitiful.  Maybe a slow start, but hopefully his form has gone to the dogs and he fades ungracefully away.  A truly horrible person. 

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6