News Ltd complicit?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

weev

Bencher
The architects of Super League have wrought havoc in Rugby League ever since they wanted to stick their blood sucking money spout into it over a decade ago.

It's generally understood that News Ltd would want to sell the Storm as it, surprise surprise, lost more money than any other club. But it wasn't yet worth enough to sell as the flow-on from on field success doesn't create a huge advertising audience over night.

News Ltd CEO comes out today and says he is sickened by what has happened, as will many others associated with the Storm as they attempt to distance themselves from what is essentially illegal and unethical business practices.

Rupert Murdoch will do what ever it takes to get richer. He even became an American citizen to expand his business.

It will be interesting to see how News Ltd media reports on this and its quite amusing to contemplate one leg kicking the other.

But alas it will be a small band of minions who are fried.

I always wondered how the Storm could retain, year after year, the top players.

I bet the players must have wondered too?

This news bring a new context to Cam Smiths disastrous game against Manly... he had salary cap on his mind..!

Quiet likely Smith had this on his mind. It was revealed to the club 8 days ago. It is hard to know how much News really did know. This will certainly give them a chance to sell the club cheaply - it could be a bargain for someone!!! (though who would want it?)

LOL, if News are not complicit in this scandal, then they have been exposed as incompetent and naive.  Are they really saying employees siphoned off $1.7m in marquee payments and they had no idea it happened?  Wish I worked for them then, I'd be a billionaire.

Why would you keep the "two set's of books" in the one place. If you were going to rort the cap why would you want any evidence at all, you could tell the player to sign for the money and then either keep the reciept in a safty deposit box or burn it.

The way this has come out all seems a bit fishy and further developments will be very interesting.

Q. Whose money was used to make payments, both under and over the salary cap?

A. News Ltd.

Who else?, this team is owned 100% by News Ltd. Don't they have accountants, etc. Or do they just install a bottomless ATM in the office.

Here is another one?

Q. Who stood to benefit most in the short, medium and  long term from the Storm's ongoing sporting success?

A. News Ltd.

Yes, I said that yesterday & was belittled.

Of course it's a News scam to kill off the "national" game, thus rendering the TV rights cheaper whilst not relly losing many ratings. THey also the wont have to prop up the Storm.

Look for he who has the most to gain.

I have always thought there's something fishy about some of News Ltd.'s association with the NRL.

I wonder just how far up in News Ltd. that this fraud may have went, and hope that all such avenues are fully & properly investigated.

News have done what they have done to get control of the pay TV of a great television product. Little has been done for the game itself the TV revenue given back has been neglible considering its worth.

Cut the Storm lose and get an independent group running the game and get rid of Gallop and co.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6