News: Lowe - We can do without T-Rex

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I haven't been a Lowe basher or supporter, so I don't feel I am pushing an agenda. But I didn't like this article. Lowe is the Manly CEO and currently is not involved in the NZRL other than being a supporter. There is no need for him to comment on this what so ever. Whilst he is correct in his assessment, he should not be saying a player at his club is not good enough for rep duty. This cannot be great for the player's confidence.

Besides all of this, I do not see the issue here. Williams was born in Australia, his parents are Tongan. Where do NZ come into it at all? As far as I see it, he is clearly Australian with a Tongan background.

Probably not that bad mtw. I'm sure there will be some positives coming out of this off season:-

1. Major sponsor needs to be a priority. We need to remember this team (at full strength) is a saleable product and will attract prime time. It REALLY shouldn't be that hard a sell. This also relates to ancillary sponsorship.

2. Signings. I believe they have already been done, but the announcements will be strategically released. I was told by someone who works at Manly that the signings of Choc, G Stewart and Lyon were being held over to after Graham took over to make him look great - so it DOES happen....this would happen at every club, in every sport - so absolutely NOTHING under handed is being suggested here.

3. Memberships. He has already done great things with that. He has hired a new membership manager, and people are somewhat surprised by offerings. That's excellent work, and we all need to give kudos for that.

4. Brookvale Oval. More needs to be done in this area.

5. Marketing. More needs to be done in THIS area. People need to be aware of our brand. I remember ads when Ox was here. I remember ads when BK was here. We need to get the Eagles family out in the market place.

6. Second to a major sponsor, the club needs to hire an internal auditor that needs to review the books, advise ways in which revenue can be increased, costs / expenses reduced, and goodwill increased. For some reason, I'm a firm believer that we lack the capability to sign players due to cash, and that it's not about the salary cap. (This is a real worry, and something Lowey has to focus on).

7. Culture. It's up to Graham to create, sustain and improve club culture. He's a self professed people person, so he should have the tools to get the job done. Players should all want to be here (as in 2008). They should be a group of brothers. Embrace this mentality, Graham will find goodwill (us) improve, which then improves cashflow / membership and brand awareness.

I could go on.

BUT, he HAS done some things as I can see, the most positive being a restructure of the membership packages. Ok, they are cheaper because he's ripping games away from Brookvale, but there is a valid reason for that.

I'm looking forward to challenges ahead, and I'm also looking forward to how they are addressed, by Max Delmege's self professed BEST CEO ever in our Graham Lowe!

jjai link said:
he was kiwi  coach before, he still  can influence their selectors,  adz if he comes from NZ  why is he going to side with australia  on this.. like coaches before him & after him all they want is to break australia domination in league so of course he is going to be filthy  an islander slipped through..

No issue with him siding with NZ. The issue is when it gets in the way of his manly job.

Ryan link said:
Probably not that bad mtw. I'm sure there will be some positives coming out of this off season:-

1. Major sponsor needs to be a priority. We need to remember this team (at full strength) is a saleable product and will attract prime time. It REALLY shouldn't be that hard a sell. This also relates to ancillary sponsorship.

2. Signings. I believe they have already been done, but the announcements will be strategically released. I was told by someone who works at Manly that the signings of Choc, G Stewart and Lyon were being held over to after Graham took over to make him look great - so it DOES happen....this would happen at every club, in every sport - so absolutely NOTHING under handed is being suggested here.

3. Memberships. He has already done great things with that. He has hired a new membership manager, and people are somewhat surprised by offerings. That's excellent work, and we all need to give kudos for that.

4. Brookvale Oval. More needs to be done in this area.

5. Marketing. More needs to be done in THIS area. People need to be aware of our brand. I remember ads when Ox was here. I remember ads when BK was here. We need to get the Eagles family out in the market place.

6. Second to a major sponsor, the club needs to hire an internal auditor that needs to review the books, advise ways in which revenue can be increased, costs / expenses reduced, and goodwill increased. For some reason, I'm a firm believer that we lack the capability to sign players due to cash, and that it's not about the salary cap. (This is a real worry, and something Lowey has to focus on).

7. Culture. It's up to Graham to create, sustain and improve club culture. He's a self professed people person, so he should have the tools to get the job done. Players should all want to be here (as in 2008). They should be a group of brothers. Embrace this mentality, Graham will find goodwill (us) improve, which then improves cashflow / membership and brand awareness.

I could go on.

BUT, he HAS done some things as I can see, the most positive being a restructure of the membership packages. Ok, they are cheaper because he's ripping games away from Brookvale, but there is a valid reason for that.

I'm looking forward to challenges ahead, and I'm also looking forward to how they are addressed, by Max Delmege's self professed BEST CEO ever in our Graham Lowe!

Ryan, top post, best I have seen from you on the Lowe issue

I have been a fence sitter on Lowe and have been urging all to give him a year or 2 to produce some significant wins. I will give him until the start of the season before I start calling for any changes. Who knows what the off season might bring about as Ryan has stated above.

This is poor form though. I understand what he is saying and it has been blown out of proportion, however he should have just said something along the lines of, "Tony has made his choice, its now up to him to try and force his way into the Australian squad".

Unnecessary comments and not what I would expect from the ceo of the club the player in question plays for.  I thought Lowe was brought in to stop the internal fighting not join in.

Gosh, imagine the posts that would flood on here if Graham was reported as saying the Kiwis would have no chance without Tony Williams.

Who is responsible for the Marketing of the club? (not a snipe but a question)

Surely this guy's time is us he run us into the ground as a coach ( Bozo had to come back and rebuild us) and now we have to put up with him as our chief. Get back to driving taxis Lowe and let's hire someone with some qualifications

Cheers Joe

I am lost for words , i cant believe our clubs ceo  lack of tact and diplomacy in his quote, .The benefit of the dought here is he may have been misquoted, other wise its a very disappointing and very un professional act.

Thanks Vid

It is a HUGE job to do events and marketing - they must have they hands full!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7