News Limited and the NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
Looks like the NRL has stuffed up badly with its TV licensing and intellectual ownership. Now they are going to have to pay big bucks for allowing the onselling of games etc

It has always annoyed me that unlike the Cricket and AFL that the League has laid down to be dominated by News. The league lets 9 choose the game dates etc and that is the tip of the iceberg.

monday night footy is on fox only

at least there is south park and drawn together anyway

It has always annoyed me that unlike the Cricket and AFL that the League has laid down to be dominated by News. The league lets 9 choose the game dates etc and that is the tip of the iceberg.

I agree they sold their sole to News Ltd & Channel 9 when they were desparate for cash after the S/L war - now they haven't got the balls to regain control however with the NRL board dominated by New Ltd cronies I guess they haven't got the inclination either.

The media controls the NRL board by virtue of News Ltd appointed directors, any decisions on broadcasting rights will be in favour of media operator and not the clubs/fans.

This is my opinion as I still believe their is a conflict of interest in having News Ltd having such influence on the game and the decisions of the board. A public company is required to have independent directors but not the NRL

Renting in a unit

So 1, fox dont install and 2 it will be lost once we move in probably less than 12 months time

If i was in my onw place i would definatly have it

I was renting and I had it. Fox are willing to install anywhere and if you haggle with them you can get an install for $50 on a no contract plan.

I assume Fluffy means his block is not wired for fox, I had that problem a few years back so I moved to a block which did.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4