News: Legends want Sonny Bill boycott

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Zep

Bencher
Rugby league legends have called on Sydney fans to boycott Sonny Bill Williams's controversial appearance for rugby's Barbarians against the Wallabies at the Sydney Football Stadium on June 6.

Williams's inclusion in the UK-based invitational side has raised the hackles of many in the league community, who haven't forgotten the former Bulldogs star walking out on his club mid-contract last year to join French rugby club Toulon.

Australian Rugby Union chief executive John O'Neill happily agrees Williams would put "bums on seats", though he denied the move was a publicity stunt or an insult to league.

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/Sea-Eagles/legends-want-sonny-bill-boycott.html">Read the full article</a>

Yawn..........who cares about SBW. If it wasn't for farking Danny Weirdler devoting the majority of his column to his boyfriend Sonny we would have already forgotten about him. Does anyone seriously think that Rugby League is the poorer for his departure ? The RL sky was going to fall in when Sailor, Tuquiri and Rogers left to go to RU...... but just like Y2K it was an urban myth.

If the BaaBaas want to pick him then good luck to them, but I doubt your average RL fan would go to the match anyway, SBW or no SBW.

Union is as boring as bat **** and why would anyone want to go and see the game whether SBW was playing or not.

He will probably not play anyway because he will be injured.

It will be nothing but a glorified game of touch footy - if the crowds going to the Tahs games are any indication I hope they play at the SFS as it will be an embarassment at Telstra. it is amazing how the crowds drop when the private school wankers got their wings clipped by the credit crunch and their entertainment & sponsorship budgets were cut to shreds

Wheels on the money when talking about the twits who go to the union.  Why talk about Rudonikus and his ilk as 'legends' of anything is beyond me.  He's just a alcohol sodden, cigarette loving idiot who happened to fight a lot on the field.

DSM5 link said:
Wheels on the money when talking about the twits who go to the union.  Why talk about Rudonikus and his ilk as 'legends' of anything is beyond me.  He's just a alcohol sodden, cigarette loving idiot who happened to fight a lot on the field.

Better lock this thread too Dan.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4