News: Labor vows to fund Brookie Oval

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>SEA EAGLES fans will be sweating on the outcome of the Federal Election as they wait to see which candidate’s promises for cash-strapped Brookvale Oval are honoured.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/5032-labor-vows-to-fund-brookie-oval.html">Read the full article</a>

"Mr Zochling, who said he was a passionate Sea Eagles supporter, yesterday pledged to “stake his job” on securing federal funding to upgrade the team’s ground if he was elected later this month."

Problem is there is no way that this guy will get in, so he won't have a job to stake and he knows it. Is he also offering free trips to the moon?

I am sure the Labor party would not even have a clue he is promising this so even if they win power they wont deliver.

far out, it was first Abbott with the promise when about to get the boot and this guy in the unwinnable seat, can't we get someone who CAN get us money

Darren link said:
far out, it was first Abbott with the promise when about to get the boot and this guy in the unwinnable seat, can't we get someone who CAN get us money

People in Abbott seat should vote labor and try making it a marginal seat, which won't happen. Marginal seats get bucket loads of money thrown at them by both sides of politics.

Abbott's seat is a safe liberal seat and I can't envisage any funds going brookie's way.

The best we can hope for is that this guy becomes a pain in the arse for Abbott before the election.  I hope he is on the front page of the Manly Daily every day until the election.  MD journos trolling this site - make it happen!

Gillard will never provide any money for Brookie.  She likes that stupid game where you get points even if you miss.

Hey it's at least a start and by him making a promise it may force abbot to do something similar just to keep up with the jones's.

You lot are a hard audience. You cry out for someone to take notice and when they do you throw it back in their face.

Ffs it's a start, it will also make the shut council we have take some notice

Zaph? As in zaphod? That's a blast from the past

I agree with Dan, if Zochking has any sense he will turn up on Saturday night and also spend the next few weeks in the Daily on this issue.

Maybe just Maybe Abbpt will follow suit and then gets into government

Yeah - last election Abbott knew the libs would lose promised $30mill.  Now you have a labor guy who wont win promising to do the same thing.  A lot of empty promises if you ask me.

I just got one thing to say - quote from Lou Costello - HEY ABBOTT - how about promising to coff up the money? 

Well Abbott can I quote you?  "Well (uh) we'll (uh) of course (uh) will pay for an up(uh)grade to (uh) Brookvale (uh)."

Well Abbott its (uh) up to you - UH!!!

I'd also like to know how much little Johnny forked out to St George for upgrades while he was PM?

Make the seat marginal if you want action- well it goes for any seat really.

Abbot has had his chance to give funding for 1o year and got a pissy $1 million whereas leichardt got sh1tloads more for 3 games a year.

And what costello gave the sharks whilst he was in power with the libs.  Shark park is a privately owned ground and they still got a truck load of cash.  Abbott has failed Brookie big time!

Good on you Mr Zochling - good to see this issue brought up. Up to Abbott to respond now, or not. If he doesn't, we know he doesn't care.

My effort:-

Dear Mr Abbott,

My family and I are long term Northern Beaches residents, and long term voters of yours.

Prior to the last election, you promised Brookvale Oval much needed funding ($9 million) if your party succeeded in attaining the majority vote &
gaining office, which unfortunately did not come to fruition.

As you may be aware, from 1997 through 2007, Rugby League grounds received $900,000,000 in federal funding for the improvement & enhancement
of such grounds, whilst your electorate was able to secure one nine hundredth of this share, for some cosmetic surgery to the lighting towers.

As I'm sure you are aware, Rugby League ranks the highest in television broadcasting in New South Wales. To give you an example, on Sunday,
June 6, 2010 at Brookvale Oval, approximately 504,000 fans viewed the game (I suggest this game to be fair, as two Sydney teams would have
surely inflated these numbers). That is over half a million viewers tuning in, and looking / experiencing a ground that looks / is perceived to be so out dated,
dilapidated, and behind the times. In your electorate. In the electorate where you have attained 1/900th of funding since 1997. Surely this isn't an
exciting way of advertising your ability to improve our demographic, and to get the job done?

As I'm sure you are aware, the fans presented Morris Iemma with a petition with almost 10,000 signatures on it, requesting, no, begging for some
much needed funding to improve our historic dinosaur (see below for pictorial evidence). Mr Iemma then granted Brookvale Oval approximately
six or seven million from State Level in funding (of which, I'm sure you have noticed Warringah councillors squabbling over).

For that reason, I implore you to re-visit your original offer to provide Brookvale Oval some much needed funding, if anything, to provide a safe
environment for families to attend the very many events that may be held there going forward, not just for Rugby League, where families gather
on a weekly basis as a community, but a welcoming, safe facility where our people can gather, and feel part of our demographic.

Kind Regards,

Ryan Winter

yeah dont fall for it guys they promise because thy need your vote.. once they get in they all have amnesia..they forget about whatever **** they have promised to who..

You couldn't trust Labor to run an ice-cream stand. This State and Federal government are on the nose, and even if you don't like Abbott, he is unfortunately the lesser of two evils.

You'd think the shaming Brookvale Oval received from Channel Nine and Fox Sports, Warringah Council would get their act together.. JUST FIX THE JOINT! How embarrassing!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2