News: King hit - Manly's injury blows

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p />Manly's premiership defence has copped another setback with in-form prop Jason King ruled out indefinitely with a rib cartilage injury.

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4240-king-hit-manlys-injury-blows.html">Read the full article</a>

I assume that this might be the nail in our coffin if King & Lyon (two of our better players this year) are out for any more than this week

Devastating news.  We will really struggle without Kingy. 

Lets hope Kite can finally shake off his lethargy now as he needs to step back in time to his 2008 form. 

Get well soon Jason.

It is a big blow definitely and Kite will be under pressure starting this week. How did you like the bloodied warrior pic kingyfan?

Great just what we don't need, King out he will be a big loss to the team no question. And has anyone heard if Lyon is due back this week ?

ManlyBacker link said:
It is a big blow definitely and Kite will be under pressure starting this week. How did you like the bloodied warrior pic kingyfan?

I have had it made into a bedsheet so that i can sleep on him every night. 

Very funny Jatz, an applaud for you.  I don't think we'll be that badly off without King (sorry Kingyfan) Give some of the red-hot U20s front rowers a go.  Maybe that's the spark to get Ted and Kite going.  Lyon is by far the bigger worry.  Our backline is not good when he's absent.  Little Matty just doesn't step up.  Maybe look to the Qld Cup guys.  How do they look as replacements Jethro? 

This turn around is amazing. It doesn't seem all that long ago none of us (with a couple of exceptions) could stand King in the side. There was no ball security, no hit ups and few meters gained.

My oh my how things have changed.

I do however hope this revs Kite up.

King is also looking better because kite and Perry are not as dominant as they were last year. 

I thought kingy was doing great till now that break he made in the first 5 minutes last week was brilliant where foran was tackled just short of the line.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4