News: Hasler saves Mayer in boardroom

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
DSM5 - your hatred of Mayer is well known to us now. Why you have to turn every thread into an anti Orford, anti Mayer statement is beyond me. You don't like them - ok, we get it. You try and hammer anyone that has a positive thing to say about them.

FFS, they have driven us to a premiership win, a huge number of new sponsors, and a great product to watch.

What do you want? Cash handouts or something?

Ryan link said:
DSM5 - your hatred of Mayer is well known to us now. Why you have to turn every thread into an anti Orford, anti Mayer statement is beyond me. You don't like them - ok, we get it. You try and hammer anyone that has a positive thing to say about them.

FFS, they have driven us to a premiership win, a huge number of new sponsors, and a great product to watch.

Well DSM5 is the guru who would have had Orford retired mid-season last year and probably would have had Willo playing halfback for us instead of the Dally M winner. 

He also wanted to drop Matai and Watmough last season after we lost 2 in a row.  I am sure there were more pearlers like these but I can not quite recall. 

Seems DSM's less travelled path is much smiteful.

"Got to keep the loonies on the path". Roger Waters

Leave DSM5 alone. He loves Manly, says what he thinks and adds colour to the blog, forum, site (whatever you want to call it). He gives as good as he gets, is regularly smited and takes the pressure off people like Mata and co. He gives me a hard time, when warranted and I wouldn't want it any other way!!!  Too many glass jaws!!!

What do you want? A Conga line of suckholes????? :) :) :)

Ryan link said:

He hardly started the blind hatred of players/administrators on this site.

If he wants to be that way then so be it. like all the others previously he will just look like a dickhead

What did I do to incur all this lot?  All I've contributed to the Mayer thing is to say that it's a good thing he's now going to produce the BP which, I take it, we all think is a good thing, yes?  And sure, I've supported Max, others Penn, so what?  Ryan, you sound like you've eaten some sort of lynchmob pizza.  I'm not a fan of Orford and I'll post that, if a thread calls for an opinion, which most do.  Now grow up and put up with an opposing view.  I do, with many posters, and argue my case, as it should be.        

Garts link said:
So should I agree with him CW and join the DSM5 conga line? 
No - no need to agree. Just smite and disagree back!!!!  See Fluffy's and his own response above.

I support someone's right to make a 'dick' of themselves!!

Many on this site do.  Garts you are certainly welcome to agree with me and join my conga line.. 

Your radical independence gets you an applaud DSM to bring your counts to 60/-183, & hoping you'll get another to make it 61/-183.  For no reason than it divides neatly and I love evens especially when they're odd. :)

Canteen Worker link said:
[quote author=Garts link=topic=179939.msg217043#msg217043 date=1238720281]
So should I agree with him CW and join the DSM5 conga line? 
No - no need to agree. Just smite and disagree back!!!!  See Fluffy's and his own response above.

I support someone's right to make a 'dick' of themselves!!
[/quote]

I fail to see your point.  Yes people are disagreeing with him and no one has got personal, all is good imo.  Any comments towards him were just being general smartarses imo.  DSM5 is good, he is passionate for Manly.  He just has no idea sometimes  ;)

Garts, you can get off my Conga line now.  No idea indeed.  Ryan and a few on his conga, have got this thing for Orful.  Can't understand why, and they are yet to explain to me what he has done this season to warrant such devotion.. 

Q.Are there better half backs than Orford?
A. Yes

Q. Is Orford a good Halfback?
A. Yes

Q. Is Orford Inconsistent?
A. Yes

Q. Is he worth retaining?
A. Yes, at a reduced rate and if there are no better options

Q. Has Orford achieve what we purchased him for?
A. Yes, he was a massive part of our premiership last year

Q. Is he over paid?
A. It depends on whether the figures being touted are correct, my feeling is they are speculation and no-one publicly actually knows. If he was front-loaded as they say, he is only on about $100,000 at the moment and I think he is worth $100,000

Q. Is he a good captain?
A. He is the best we have at the moment, and I can think of no-one to take his place, which is a shame

Q. Should he be our goal kicker?
A. No, he should hand that mantel to others

DSM5 its hard to argue with that really isnt it?

Jamie Lyon ould make a good captain.  He leads by example in much he same way as Beaver.

Re-sign drawford for anither year on a reduced contract of $150k max.  Snow white can turn a few tricks to make up his salary shortfall.

Dan, I'm in agreement with you on a lot of your points.  He's there because there's no one else on the horizon and thankyou for last year, is that it?  I think Lyon had more to do with last year than many realize, but that's another discussion we could have later.  Surely the club has options.  If he's on 100K as you surmise, then OK, keep him on, but for goodness sakes blood someone else, give someone else the kicking duties and beg Jamie to stay.  I think Orful is getting up to the 30 mark so 'they' better start looking now..And I'd like to think they look in our own backyard.   

Members online

No members online now.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4