News: Gallop goads Manly again

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
NRL chief David Gallop offered hope yesterday that his feud with Manly star Brett Stewart could be resolved, saying that the Sea Eagles could end it simply by calling him.

Read the full article

For someone who supposedly wants this to die and disappear he does a tremendous job of constantly raising the subject. Here's an idea clown - you pick up the phone and do the right thing.

So he is suppose to call him up and ask for his apology? Gee Gallop is a wanker, its his job to deal with players.

Enough of this Gallop goose. He pisses me off as much as the others on here get peeved but we need to show him what a champion club Manly is. The best form of revenge is to really focus on the footy and win the title this year. Then the Manly players can do what they want on the podium, like ignoring him and refusing to shake his hand. That will really piss him off.
It is long overdue to pay him back some of his medicine.

There is that overused catch phrase "im comfortable" again.

He has it down word for word like a politician staying on message during an election.

He has once again proven he is an A grade knob.

I didn't think it was possible but after reading that I detest the bloke even more than I did before.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
can only hope as he crosses the street after his visit to the toolshed he gets hit by a bus

Or even better if he got hit by Todd Carney driving DUI without a licence.

What a tool. He knows he is wrong but won't apologize because it will make him look like an idiot for leaving it this long.

Yes he is a goose, which is exactly why I struggle to understand why people get so upset by what he says. The only people whose opinion should matter to you are those who you respect. Seems like such a waste of energy to get upset over someone who you don't care about.

Lifes too short to get hung up on people who don't matter.

You would think that Gallop being the CEO of the NRL would want to end this thing. Why doesn't he just get off his high-horse and at least sit down and talk with Brett to air their differences and try to resolve this?

The sooner the Independant Commission is up and running the sooner we can rid of Gallop for good

Lawyers don't apologise. Gallop is comfortable because he is happy being a Call you next tuesday kind of person

''... I don't see the mileage in continually reminding people of what happened two years ago ...''

Above are the words attributed to Gallop in the article. If these comments are correctly attributable to Gallop I have a question.

'Please answer me this Gallop, why did you allegedly even comment on Stewart's post-try celebration if you didn't "...see the mileage in continually reminding people of what happened..?"'

I await an answer but feel I won't get one.

David Gallop is CEO and the supposed leader of the NRL - surely he can show some leadership in being first to pick up the phone and extend some understanding rather than continuing to be petulant like a little spoilt child.... "no I won't, he can etc etc"

Saying this is definitely a small positive gesture, but unfortunately does not go far enough and is not what is required for effective communication and healing of the problem.

Are you man enough David Gallop to show real moral leadership for the NRL code and extend the hand of friendship healing and understanding in a Gandhi/Mandela-like gesture (sic), or are you just happy to stick your head in the sand, and be negative defensive and small minded?

The headline to this article is wildly inaccurate. I don't read anything in it that is provocative. Gallop is merely restating his position - however flawed that is. If he really was goading Stewart and Manly, let's face it, his language would be much stronger.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4