News: Fix sprinklers or we leave Brookie, warns Lowe

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
vidmar link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=183672.msg268480#msg268480 date=1277252474]
Next meeting, tell Lowe not to shoot his mouth then Vid. It's counter productive. Tell me, what do you think his comments meant to season ticket holders?

Or will you defend THAT as well?

Lowe keeps bleating about moving home games to New Zealand, moving them to The Central Coast, moving them to The Sunshine Coast etc....

Seriously, he just has no idea.

Ryan, I hope you read contractual agreements closer than you did the newspaper article?

I'm a season ticket holder and to me the article read that council needed to fix the sprinkler system so that we could play our next home game so our CEO was highlighting the importance of that and the implications for the club if it didn't happen? (hence my post to correct the "spin")

(The article didn't unfortunately have the photos of the sprinkler heads that the paper version showed and I for one would not like any player to come a cropper on them)

My post wasn't about "defending" Graham Lowe, rather it was pointing out the facts from the article - sorry if the facts spoiled a chance for you and Matabele to have a go at Graham Lowe again?

What is counter productive Ryan, is people "shooting their mouths off" and using any and every chance to slag off the administration of the club they claim to support.

This is not blind faith on my part (in fact far from it) as there are a number of issues currently with the club but this constant sniping at people doing their best for the club is becoming very very dull.

I'm happy to pass on your message to Graham Lowe when I next see him as you seem reluctant to take up my suggestions to call the club yourself, ask for Graham Lowe and tell him your concerns first hand - I know there are some that have done that and he has been happy to take their calls - or are you happier behind the the key board?

Canteen worker - spot on, nice one

Tookey - correct re the 2 games away from Brooky as per the constitution and preference vote the Football Club holds (hence just one reason alone that we need to have a strong Football Club membership?)

Whilst as a season ticket holder I'd prefer all games to be played at Brookie for all manner of reasons if there are valid and sound financial reasons to play elsewhere for a couple of games then I can live with that (Until of course we start to see 20k+ crowds at Brookie and increased undercover seating that we sell have the option to increase corporate dollars through development) however I can understand that games away from Brookie don't work for everyone which is why I favour a 10 or 12 match season ticket package to accomodate those that can't get to games played away from Brookie
[/quote]

Whatever spin is put on this, I do NOT want any games taken from Brookvale Oval, Vidmar - for any reason. You highlighted this one off article - but there have been others where Lowe has suggested New Zealand, The Central Coast and The Sunshine Coast are alternate options.

I am a local to the Brookvale Oval area (I don't know if you are or not). I pay a fair amount of coin year in, year out for the benefit of watching my home team play, AT HOME.

For that reason, I don't like flossy threats in the media about taking the game away. Could this not have been better handled by a closed door telephone conversation, rather than meek threats?

Now, you suggest that I should get off my arse, and phone Lowe, and that I am a keyboard hero (or somewhat to that degree). I think that's unfair. I am very pro-active when it comes to doing things for this club tangibly, and will continue to do so going forward.

That being said, Bob Reilly did take time out of his day, and highlighted all the wonderful work some do behind the scenes to me, and for that reason, I would never critique the man, or what he does. There is a lot to be said of open communication - hence my membership in all entities (if that's what they are called?? I honestly don't know to be honest).

Now, if & when Graham Lowe does something (anything) that tangibly improves something at Brookvale or through the team that I, or other people can see, I promise you I will be the first on here, promoting that fact. Now, he could be doing massive amounts behind the scenes. Things that you'd seem, that I wouldn't, so this may skew your opinions of those that critique him, but that's not my fault.

I am allowed to have an opinion on an article (member or not) in the media, where threats are made about the rellocation of any game away from my home turf. Now, I know you have to tow the party line, I can see that in the way you post these days, and I applaud you for that.

I just want to see some benefit & improvement, because at the moment, it just seems to me we are looking a little stale as a brand (thank god the footy itself is still sexy as all get up).

Ryan, If what I was told is on the money which I have no reason to doubt, we have something positive to announce for next season.

Vid's suggestion I don't think is a bad one mate, could a 1 on 1 chat with Lowe do any harm ?

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Ryan, If what I was told is on the money which I have no reason to doubt, we have something positive to announce for next season.

Vid's suggestion I don't think is a bad one mate, could a 1 on 1 chat with Lowe do any harm ?

Haaa !!! Your just in favor of us playing games in New Zealand ! ;) Conflict of Interest ;)
Now, spill dude.....what inside info do you know??? You know you can't come on, and tease like that !

lol of course mate, get more games to Chch. But I do love my trips over to Brookie

I can't spill the beans mate, although it was being spoken about in a group sense I am not sure people would want it known widely on the forums !!

Ever heard of a PM mate :)
I need some good news.

This past week:-

+ I've been sick for a week.
+ I've lost my new $100- jacket (wife unhappy)
+ I had a smash on my motorbike last week (I'm fine), but it HAD to be with a Mercedes Sports (I ripped his sideview mirror off - $749 later)
+ I lost my jacket getting beaten up by 3 blokes at once at Mona Vale, because I defended one of their girlfriends, who the guy had his hand behind her head, whilst giving her uppercuts (she was crying and bleeding) - and you know what - she wasn't ****en grateful I defended her either !! Just not worth it.

That being said, one of them ended up worse than me, so I'll take that away. My jaw (feels broken). My arms are all scraped. My shoulders the same. My knee is black and blue from when I knee'd the guy I focused on in the head when on the ground.

Oh, and I lost my phone at the time, so couldn't phone the cops. A few lessons:-

+ Don't get involved (no-one these days are grateful)
+ Don't skip between traffic
+ Dont take your new jumper off to fight three guys at once
+ Don't fight three guys at once

So, I need some good news ok.

Ryan link said:
I need some good news.

+ I had a smash on my motorbike last week (I'm fine), but it HAD to be with a Mercedes Sports (I ripped his sideview mirror off - $749 later)
+ I lost my jacket getting beaten up by 3 blokes at once at Mona Vale, because I defended one of their girlfriends, who the guy had his hand behind her head, whilst giving her uppercuts (she was crying and bleeding) - and you know what - she wasn't f**ken grateful I defended her either !! Just not worth it.

That being said, one of them ended up worse than me, so I'll take that away. My jaw (feels broken). My arms are all scraped. My shoulders the same. My knee is black and blue from when I knee'd the guy I focused on in the head when on the ground.

Oh, and I lost my phone at the time, so couldn't phone the cops. A few lessons:-

lol ryan..  damn what  a fortnight..  yeah  i mind my own business in sydney  i dont care if 3 guys are smashing into 1 guy & or trying to rape a girl i dnt interfere it could get you stabbed..

jjai link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=183672.msg268591#msg268591 date=1277275153]
I need some good news.

+ I lost my jacket getting beaten up by 3 blokes at once at Mona Vale, because I defended one of their girlfriends, who the guy had his hand behind her head, whilst giving her uppercuts (she was crying and bleeding) - and you know what - she wasn't f**ken grateful I defended her either !! Just not worth it.

lol ryan..  damn what  a fortnight..  yeah  i mind my own business in sydney  i dont care if 3 guys are smashing into 1 guy & or trying to rape a girl i dnt interfere it could get you stabbed..
[/quote]

My first thought was, "no, don't get involved". Then I thought for some weird reason....if that was Anika (my baby girl), would I want some random guy to try and help?

The answer was yeah....and guess what....he stopped bashing her....and he ended up much worse than me....but I won't lie...the three of them definitely got the best of me.

My missus wasn't happy either (apart from the fact I lied to her about it saying I got in a friendly wrestle with a random guy on the way home), then she told her father - who then basically lectured me etc..

Yeah - I'm too old for this ****....but hopefully karma pays me back one day.....this week has been quite the ****en opposite !

Ryan thinks he's cursed so he'd be reveling in all that action.  ;)

How much is Manly getting paid to play in Wellington KE?

Matabele link said:
Ryan thinks he's cursed so he'd be reveling in all that action.  ;)

How much is Manly getting paid to play in Wellington KE?

Am hearing Christchurch in on the cards mate :)

Ryan, can i suggest you contact the club with your concerns?

Ryan, be real, you'd love it if we went to the Central Coast?  Then you could just hop back onto the Bears back. 

Were you the crazy masked guy running around with the Bears flag on the hill on Saturday night?

Ryan doesn't run around masked.  He runs around nude.  :eek:

Why take a game to Christchurch to protest over a broken sprinkler?  The place never dries out does it, and getting to and from the game is surely an OH&S risk.

Matabele link said:
Vidmar, I edited my original post to make it less inflammatory. ? However, the intent stands. ? What does Lowe hope to achieve by firing public shots at the Council via the local newspaper? ? And is he really so naive to assume his rhetoric would not create talk of Manly leaving the building? ?  ? 

This situation is going to get worse before it gets better. ? No money is forthcoming for Brookvale and there is a growing cooperative of influences that could see the club relocated. ? (Of course if it becomes a case of \"you will relocate\" then the FC are going to have to make a decision as to whether they cop it sweet, or euthanize the club) ? 

What “co-operative of influences” are you referring to?

"Were you the crazy masked guy running around with the Bears flag on the hill on Saturday night?"

That's funny, when I saw that bloke I thought of Ryan also, but then I thought, naaaaa - too tall to be Ryan. :)

I've actually lost a crap load of weight, and have bulked up too.....

To be honest, I had a ceremonial burning of all my Bears gear a few years ago at a piss up.....

It was fun for all and sundry.

I'm at home sick this week, and will explain something to you. I currently sit here with my Eagles hoody, Eagles socks, Eagles undies, Eagles flanny pyjamas on an Eagles cushion on my leather computer chair.

Please do not question my loyalty.

And Bradza....the only way that bloke could have been me...would have been if there was a train of hot women in tow....THEN you might have questioned whether it was me.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4