News: Eagles job share

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p />MANLY coach Des Hasler is set to appoint co-captains for the first time in the 63-year history of the Sea Eagles, with Jamie Lyon and Jason King tipped to share the honour.

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4506-eagles-job-share.html">Read the full article</a>

Kingy is the real captain and Des has only taken on Lyon as co-captain so that he can make the decisions when jason if off the park. 

if Jamie runs the on field and jason the off field then we probably have the best for each job

I agree. Good call Dessie (again). I went to a sponsors function a few years ago, and Jason King was the spokesperson for the club at the time @ this function.

Hence to say - all were suitably impressed with Jason's outlook, passion, intelligence & attitude.

He is and was a guy with goals. Very impressive young man to say the least.

That being said, ON the field, he is leading by example as well. If he was a back, I'd say he'd be overall captain. But as a player who is on probably around 40 of the 80, I guess Des HAD to go with co-captains - and all things considered - made the perfect choice. 

Lyon a great choice, will need English lessons though!
King will be captain of the bench, looking after 3 players.
Co-Captains is a crock of ****, Lyon is a 80min player!

blitzkrieg link said:
Lyon a great choice, will need English lessons though!
King will be captain of the bench, looking after 3 players.
Co-Captains is a crock of S**t, Lyon is a 80min player!

"the Sea Eagles have hatched a plan to use Lyon as their on-field leader and King for the majority of corporate and media responsibilities"

That seems to suggest King will be the off field Captain.

Just restating my previous position...

Sharing the leadership of something is just failure mitigation.
Still if its like others suggested and one of the two is prepared to take majority of on -field leadership then it won't be abs. terrible.

Captaincy is extremely over rated imo, just a communicator to the ref and making a decision on 2 pts every now and then, during the game play each side has many leaders on the park that others will follow the example of

Someone has to set an example, the players have to look to someone for inspiration, someone has to lead the way at training etc - it is a lot more than deciding when to kick a goal or take a tap (actually these it is the coach who does that).

There would be multiple people setting the example at training, from what I hear Matt Ballin in the main example in the training area

In terms of inspiration, that comes in many forms, for example I am sure the team gets inspired after a typical Watmough run, Rose steam rolling a defender, Matai smashing a bloke etc. I am sure Beaver was a lot more inspiring to the side than the official named captain his last few years

Sure there is the main voice driving the stuff, but co-captains don't bother me 1 bit because of what I have stated above.

[img=400x391]http://raresoundtracks.net/cd_covers/hz/TheLionKing.jpg[/img]​

(Credit goes to whoever it was that brought this up in the other thread)

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4