News: Eagles battle to keep stars

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
<p>Manly’s recruitment and retention plans for 2010 are in danger of being scuttled by the NRL premiers’ bitter boardroom battle. </p> <p> That’s the opinion of Sea Eagles chief executive Grant Mayer, whose own position at the club remains shrouded in mystery after he elected not to seek an extension to his contract which expires in October. </p> <p>The re-signing of Orford - last year’s Dally M player of the year - is Mayer and coach Des Hasler’s biggest roster decision. His retention would affect who else out of Test winger David Williams, Michael Robertson, Glenn Hall and back-up hooker Heath L’Estrange the club could keep. </p> <p>A decision on Orford will also determine Manly’s recruitment targets, but Mayer admits the uncertainty at the boardroom level - where co-owners Scott Penn and Max Delmege are at loggerheads - could affect the club’s ability to attract players. </p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/Sea-Eagles/eagles-battle-to-keep-stars.html">Read the full article</a>

PSE, Mayer's contract runs until October 31st.

I am annoyed by his statement. These problems will never get sorted if it is continually put out in the Press. Talk about airing the dirty linen. Why advertise to all the player managers that they shouldn't come a'courting and it is all too hard?  ::)

Man i wish Scott Penn and Max Delmege can work things out with each other and asap for the well being of the club and their supporters.

All this it's really starting to get to me why can't these problems just be kept within the club for crying out loud ff's

Ok the press and everyone else knows of our problems now but why can't the board say that's it nothing else gets to the press from here on and let's just work this out.

Easier said than done i know.

A Meyer in the woodpile.  Nice of him to air the dirty linen.  Maybe October will come early.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8