News: Eagle goes to the Dogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
<p class="storyHeadline" />ONE of the Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles’ prized pick-ups has slipped through their fingers, with premiership-winning centre Shane Neumann signing with the Canterbury Bulldogs.

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4411-eagle-goes-to-the-dogs.html">Read the full article</a>

“That’s the thing with Manly, even when their first graders aren’t playing that well they don’t drop them,” he said.

“But the Bulldogs, they’re not afraid to give the young guys a run.

“The same with the Broncos, they’re not afraid to drop guys.”

Very valid points, but if he didn't play like a mong when he got chances maybe he could've got a run more often. Farrar got plenty of gigs because he isn't a spaz.

He'll be behind Morris and Idris at the Dogs, so from what I've seen he won't crack it there unless there is injury or rep duties.

Shane was told nearly two months ago that he was free to negotiate with other clubs. There were comments on here about Orford leaving him stranded when put in the centres, but honestly a player only gets a few chances to show their mettle and he didn't show much.

Pretty naive of Neumann to say he wasn't given chances.  He was, and was diabolical.  I suppose we should have dropped one of our two international centres to accomodate his clumsyness under the high ball, ponderous running and refusal to tackle?

Agree with everyone - He didn't show much when he played NRL, maybe if he gets the chance with the Dogs and goes to be awesome then good on him.  But he now has a kangaroo player in front of him and Idris. 
He'll probably be a stand out in the Dogs Reggies team since NSW cup is laughable.

It's also a fair call of him saying that Des doesn't really drop people.  The only ones i can really think of were T Rex (playing out of position) and Kite (to the bench).  We've all picked up on that.  But it's not like he didn't get a chance. 

Who should have been dropped for Neumann. I only ever advocate dropping a player if there is someone better to put in his place. Same as Kite - should he have been dropped for Morwood???

Wasnt the Bulldogs one of teams that Neumann played shocking against. Good luck to him but he is not a first graders shoelace

Whenever I think of Neumann, I consider the manly vs. Penrith game where Wallace tore Neumann's defense apart.

Imagine Lyon, Foran and maybe Hodkinson running at (or should I say through) him.

I hope he gets plenty of shots at 1st grade at the doggies. Especially against us....and hopefully in the wet to boot ! Hahahaha

Ryan link said:
Imagine Lyon, Foran and maybe Hodkinson running at (or should I say through) him.

I hope he gets plenty of shots at 1st grade at the doggies. Especially against us....and hopefully in the wet to boot ! Hahahaha
  Sounds like great potential.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6