News: Contract negotiations no excuse for poor form: Graham Lowe

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mark from Brisbane link said:
Agree 150%

If you think about it a player on say $200K (and that's not real big money) gets

$3850.00 a week

Or say if they do 40 hours (training, travel and playing)....$100 a hour

A \"Greg Inglis\" would earn 3 times that amount

I have worked a lifetime, and think I am going really well on a fraction of that money.

I agree GET A LIFE and pull your fingers out!!
I just rang Des to ask his help in deciphering your post but he confirmed his announcement about not being a mathematician.

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Agree 150%

If you think about it a player on say $200K (and that's not real big money) gets

$3850.00 a week

Or say if they do 40 hours (training, travel and playing)....$100 a hour

A \"Greg Inglis\" would earn 3 times that amount

I have worked a lifetime, and think I am going really well on a fraction of that money.

I agree GET A LIFE and pull your fingers out!!

I'd like to see what some of these "prima donnas" (ALL teams) would do if they had to survive like the group players in the country league.Unless ur the Capt/coach,and an ex sydney player,ur on peanuts.There's training to fit in around ur job of barman,truck or bus driver,local council,to name just a few.These guys then travel 100s of kms each week to play home and away.I knew the "water runner" for lithgow workies for years,and he was on nothing like Toovey et al.The players do it tough,but they are in their local clubs after games for a beer.No curfews or lockouts.Not much trouble,as they're in their local,and may be the barman or cellarman the next morning.Admittedly no where near the profile as the city nancy boys,but not anywhere near the $$$s.Some would give up anonymity for a fraction of the $$$s NRL players are getting.They want more money than the bloody PM,then they should put in some effort!

To be fair these "prima donna's" are professionals

There is money in the game. They have a right to a fair share

Their career is limited. For every Inglis there are plenty of Moorewoods. Come 30 most of these guys have no qualifications and no real skills. If they can earn enough when they are playing to help set themselves up then i do not see the issue

Now if the sport was amateur played for the love etc it would be a different argument (as a side note sorry for those who have heard me rave about this before.....)

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6