News: Choc here to stay

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Fro link said:
yeah Kiwi I have it, do you want me to send you a copy.

So 1 good game a year is acceptable??

seems to work for Ox

Kiwi like mediocrity, he has an excuse for every player and never says they are **** when it is blatantly obvious to all.

Choc has started stepping up for the big games. Once he gets the dropped balls out of his game more I will be happy. He is far from the worst in our team, and I can handle a few dropped balls for the rest of his impact

Granted he is playing a lot better than a few months ago, but he is far from the messiah.

Hes just a very naughty boy :)

Choc has always had that little bit of drop ball in him, but he is our only attacking-running forward. Every other forward in our team are there to make metres -- none of them could do what Choc does.

Mistake or two, but we would be a much worse side without him.

Canteen Worker link said:
What amazed me was that he was the first one in to break up fights on two occasions. Choc Stop!!!!
I'm with you CW, I was very impressed by 'Choc the Peace Maker'. Going by reputation you'd of thought he'd be in there biffing it up, but he was pushing guys away from each other. It was great to see that side of him as well as the awesome footy that he played.

Na, I have the victory pack Fro, it also contains the games where against the Dragons and the Roosters where he steps up.

Dan, would you like to elaborate on the '****' players ? We are talking Watmough here, you think he is **** ?

Or are we talking where everybody said Robbo was a **** fullback, but he has turned out ok ?

Or the one where Lyon was a **** 5/8, and ended up playing a crucial role in a comp win ?

Some may call it 'mediocrity', others may look at it and see signs of the good things being produced and how they could develop over time without writing somebody off for good. If you want 2 more examples of the developing Glenn Stewart and Steve Matai were 2 more who after a handful of games would "Never be 1st graders" according to the critics

I cant recall many saying robbo was a **** fullback, just that he wasnt Brett Stewart standard.

And Lyon WAS a **** 5/8, but after a while he got better and was a very good one at the end of the season.

Watmough has had years to get the crap out of his game, and hasnt done so

Fro, I can quite happily take the balance of a Watmough dropped ball when he goes on to leave defenders on the deck trying to tackle him

Footy sides are about balance, we have our safe men like Rodney and Stewart, who balance out the wildcard like Watmough who can be a match winner

I recall the majority saying that Robbo would never be a fullback and was useless

Exactly my point with Lyon as well, most would have binned him at the **** stage, but after sticking with it, he was sensational

yeah I see where you are coming from KE.

you also used MAtai and Glen Stewart as examples of what perseverance can bring.

My point is Choc has played for just as long if not longer, and has NOT got the crap out.

Hopefully Wednesday can prove to be a turning point for him.

if choc gets ths crap out then he will replace someone in our manly greats team.

wont happen though unfortunatly

Kiwi, can I say something?  Robbo is not a fullback.  Not completely ****e, but he's a better winger than fullback.

DSM5 link said:
Kiwi, can I say something?  Robbo is not a fullback.  Not completely S**te, but he's a better winger than fullback.

He is a better winger than fullback DSM, no doubt about that. But I think he is a perfectly adequate replacement fullback as well, nothing world beating, but safe enough

Kiwi Eagle link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=180886.msg229951#msg229951 date=1246014118]

Kiwi, can I say something?  Robbo is not a fullback.  Not completely S**te, but he's a better winger than fullback.

He is a better winger than fullback DSM, no doubt about that. But I think he is a perfectly adequate replacement fullback as well, nothing world beating, but safe enough
[/quote]

Fullback has certainly stifled his try scoring ability though.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4