News: Cecchin Rested This Week

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
<p>Referees' boss Robert Finch denies Matt Cecchin has been axed May 26, 2009 NRL referees coach Robert Finch insists under-fire Matt Cecchin has not been dumped for this weekend's round of games. </p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/3924-cockchin-rested-this-week.html">Read the full article</a>

checcin maybe let loose again this weekend, just heard on the news four refs have been quareetined after being on a flight with a swine flu victim.

Finch:

"When you referee the better people you get less penalties which is usually the case in Origin games ... there is no danger of the game being slowed down at all, if anything it may be faster," he said.

So Finch acknowledges there are more penalties this year under the two ref system, and the less experienced referees give penalties the more experienced referees don't give.

Sounds like exactly the point Hasler was making which Finch took offence to.

Ryno link said:
checcin maybe let loose again this weekend, just heard on the news four refs have been quareetined after being on a flight with a swine flu victim.

Yes, four referees confirmed out of action and Cecchin still doesn't get a run.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/nrl/story/0,27074,25546630-11088,00.html

I hate the mantra, 'speed the game up'.  What's wrong with a slightly slower game with correct decisions being made?

DSM5 link said:
I hate the mantra, 'speed the game up'.  What's wrong with a slightly slower game with correct decisions being made?

Believe it or not DSM that is one of the smartest comments you have made on this forum.

DSM5 link said:

Correct. Like anything that you do, if you rush and do things in a hurry, mistakes will always be made. It is better to do things slower to get better results.

Back to basics. 

One referee, two touchies, and one video ref who is only accessed under captain's challenge.  Two challenges per game per captain is a good starting point.

How can it not be a conflict on interest that Finch has a son playing for one team he has to make decisions about. It cannot be deemed fair and legal surely................

QldEagle link said:
How can it not be a conflict on interest that Finch has a son playing for one team he has to make decisions about. It cannot be deemed fair and legal surely................
Precedent rules.  Its as  fair and legal as News Ltd controlling the NRL through ownership whilst being the 100% owner of two teams. And whilst being the customer of NRL TV product.

Wheel, all my posts are intelligent.  It just takes a lot of my critics time to catch on in agreement.

Rex link said:
Back to basics. 

One referee, two touchies, and one video ref who is only accessed under captain's challenge.  Two challenges per game per captain is a good starting point.

Seems a good plan to me.

Way to simple for Gallop and the NRL druges to like.  But what's the problem with the video guy sorting out contentious issues like illegal play, stripping etc to assist the ref. 

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6