1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News: Brett Stewart - the final day in court and the ramifications for our game

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by ManlyBacker, Sep 29, 2010.

1. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 /7
    <p>Read again the dramatic aftermath of the court's decision and the 'on-the-spot reporter' DSM5 as he provides his summation of where this leaves the individuals and organisations involved with the Brett Stewart allegations and court case:</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/5173-brett-stewart-the-final-day-in-court-and-the-ramifications-for-our-game.html">Read the full article</a>

2. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,267 /74
    Maybe this article should be submitted to the Walkley Foundation for excellence in journalism.

DSM5 left his best until last - great stuff

3. Innes

Innes Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Excellent. Bought a tear to my eye.

4. mwsneagle

mwsneagle Active Member

Ratings:
    +47 /0
    Brilliant words DSM, you've summed up what most of have felt/are feeling.

Once again many thanks for your thorough reporting.

5. MadMarcus

MadMarcus Local Lunatic 2017 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +7,370 /67
    DSM5 doesn't have much competition from the reporting of any other journalists on this subject.

6. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,267 /74
    DSM5 doesn't have much competition from the reporting of any other journalists on this subject.
    [/quote]

If there was an award for best fiction there would be plenty of nominations

7. Lyoness

Lyoness Member

Ratings:
    +1 /0
    Me too. DSM I honestly dont know what we all would have done without you! Cant imagine having to rely only on what the media brought us - which wasnt much.

8. Mackayeagle

Mackayeagle Member

Ratings:
    +6 /0
    Thanks for the excellent coverage DSM, I have been away travelling the last week and a half and getting on here to get the skinny on the only story that has mattered of late has been great.

9. mcatt

mcatt Active Member

Ratings:
    +62 /0
    They said on the radio that 3 jury members stayed back to congratulate Brett as they thought the whole case was all a a load of crap. The lawyer said that he had never seen that happen in all his years in court.

10. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +516 /0
    I had a chat with a couple of them and they were very happy that justice was done.

11. Dan79

Dan79 Active Member

Ratings:
    +71 /0
    A fair assessment of the poor joke that was this case. The family have been through hell and back, it is obvious it had a negative affect on the club as well. I hope everyone can leave him alone to enjoy a good off season.
    The last thing i would like to hear about this case is apology from Gallop.