News: Ballin to replace wounded Smith

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>QUEENSLAND are resigned to losing hooker Cameron Smith for next week's State of Origin series opener in Sydney, with rookie rake Matt Ballin told to ready himself for the biggest test of his career.</p>

<a href="http://silvertails.net/news/4794-ballin-to-replace-wounded-smith.html">Read the full article</a>

I wonder if Smith will be giving Matt a masterclass in forward passing from dummy half before Wednesday.

There's one other thing that I can never figure out with these Origin Camps, why do they waste time doing fitness and cardio work ?? Surely at this point in the season the players should be match fit. Wouldn't time be better spent running attacking plays, defensive drills, match tactics, etc.

Good on him. He has been a solid performer for years. He came with big wraps and has never let anyone down.

Bad points are:  He'll be playing against my team, his asking price will increase (but he thoroughly deserves it)

Good points are:  He deserves it, the fact he doesn't throw forward passes makes an already tough game against QLD even tougher...

I hope he gets through it ok.  Shame is that Smith will get picked for game 2 win lose or draw.  I know QLDers like to say they're big on loyalty, well if they win game 1 here's their chance to prove it.

Good luck Matty, stay safe but don't win the game for QLD!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4